The Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) is a state level educational apex body, established vide Maharashtra Act No. XXXVIII of 1997.
The board facilitates diploma level technical education in the state. It primarily conducts state level examinations of diploma courses and awards Diplomas to the students. It also tries to improve the quality oftechnical education and maintains its standard. The board regularly redesigns the course curriculum with respect to the rapid technological changes in the industries. Board of Technical Education has its regional offices at Pune, Aurangabad and Nagpur.
We The MSBTE Print E-mail
* Design and develop the curriculae of Diploma, Post Diploma and Advanced Diploma Programmes.
* Grant affiliation to the instructions running MSBTE's programmes.
* Conduct academic monitoring of the affiliated institutions, through Curriculum Implementation and Assessment Norms (CIAAN).
* Organise Faculty Development Training Programs e.g. content updating trainings, soft skills trainings, industrial trainings and management trainings, hands on skills trainings for polytechnic teachers.
* Grant equivalence to the programmes offered by autonomous polytechnics & other organisations.
* Conduct examinations, declare results and award certificates.
* Recommend opening of Diploma level technical Institutions, variation in intake capacity and closure of the institutions.
* Felicitate the State level rank holders and award certificates of Merit.
* Prescribe standards for curriculum, infrastructure and other resources
* Generate question papers through Question Banks.
* Design and develop curriculae of need based Diploma programmes.
* Develop Lab Manuals, CAI Packages, Text books and other Learning resource packages for effective teaching learning process.
* Revise the curriculae of the existing programmes periodically on scientific basis by conducting search conferences, studying technological advancements, latest market requirements, job analysis etc.
* Undertake controlled academic autonomy projects of the Polytechnics outside Maharashtra State.
* Undertake external projects, consultancy and other assignments related to examination system and technical education.
* Organise Career Fairs to promote technical education especially in remote places.
* Organise MSBTE State level technical competitions e.g. Students Paper Presentation, Technical Quiz etc.
* Issue Scholarships to the needy and meritorious students.
* Conducts Online MSCIT Examinations.
To ensure that the Diploma level Technical Education constantly matches the latest requirements of Technology and industry and includes the all-round personal development of students including social concerns and to become globally competitive, technology led organization.
To provide high quality technical and managerial manpower, information and consultancy services to the industry and community to enable the
industry and community to face the changing technological & environmental challenges.
MAHARASHTRA STATE BOARD OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Government Polytechnic Building,49,
Aliyawar Jung Marg,
Mumbai 400 051.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Numbers : 91-022-26471255, 26472122, 26475077, 26478296
Fax: 91-022-26473980, 26473979