|University:||Calicut University, Calicut|
|Location:||Palakkad , Kerala|
|Phone:||+91-491-2873599, 2873699, 2107717|
Ammini College of Engineering (ACE) is promoted by Ammini Foundation. Ammini Foundation, a trust registered under the Indian trust Act, established at an auspicious moment in the year 2009, with the primary objective of rendering selfless, dedicated and yeomen service to cause of higher education originally in the field of Engineering and subsequently in the field of rest of Management, Arts, Science, and Paramedical Sciences and has added feather after feather to its Cap. The institute has a clear vision and objective, in the quest for being an outstanding centre for learning and development of human resource, which is conducive to the fast changing national and international situations. It shall adhere to consistent policy to recruit highly qualified teachers specializing in various domain of Engineering.
* To provide high quality education in engineering and management through a creative balance of academic, professional and extracurricular programs
* To provide continuing education and professional services to the engineering and management community wherever these services will enhance our growth and image
* We are committed to attain national and international recognition and accreditations among peer institutions for excellence in education, teaching, training and research
* Attract and maintain a dynamic group of faculty who exemplify excellence and innovation in the delivery of knowledge by making a difference inside and outside the classroom
The institute has a clear vision and objective, in the quest for being an outstanding centre for learning and development of human resource, which is conducive to the fast changing national and international situations. It shall adhere to consistent policy to recruit highly qualified teachers specializing in various domain of Engineering.The institute shall be committed to develop as a value and need based quality education provider in India and the state of Kerala in particular. Its ultimate goal is to produce qualified, competent, dignified and dependable manpower responsive to the changing needs of the society at the national and international levels. It seeks to stimulate and promote activities to strengthen professional competency of the students and faculty through:
* Continuing education and life long learning for faculty, staff and working professionals.
* Research and development.
* Continuous innovation of methods of learning, teaching as well as research and development.
* Promote Institute - Industry - Govt. interface.
* Serve as a centre for generation and exchange of ideas among students, teachers, research organization and the state Govt. so as to promote entrepreneurial culture among students and to assist them through expertise available in the other institutions.
* Devise schemes and methods for effective periodic evaluation of performance of projects, faculties, staff and students, internal evaluation through academic and administration audit committees.
* Both in terms of space and equipments the college will establish a pioneering model in the state.
* Take steps for facilitating appropriate environment in the institutions of education to achieve harmonious relationship among teachers, students and staff.
* Specialised and need oriented curriculum, student support systems, new methodology of teaching, novel learning strategy and media guided HRD policy.
With the world moving towards the knowledge based society, the importance of the "knowledge" has increased everywhere. The rich - poor divide, may as a consequence be turned to knowledge rich and knowledge poor society. In such a situation, the institute has a vital role to play in disseminating knowledge among the student community. The institute will try to its best to produce quality man power. The institute shall promote strong link between its essential cultural values reflected in study of engineering. The institution along with world class opportunities will strive to strengthen physical, mental and spiritual faculties of the teacher and the student. Strengthening collaboration with other academic and research institutions in the country and abroad also will be taken care of. Ultimately an educational township amidst the quite village atmosphere of Mankara, Palakkad District will be established.
Basic Academic Philosophy of the Institution
To impart quality education resorting latest teaching strategy so as to support the modern aspirations of the student community. Latest knowhow of teaching and learning will be followed to foster the real educational culture and upgrade scientific temper are the basic philosophy of the institution.
Types of Programmes
Initially, the Ammini College of Engineering offers four years Full-time Bachelor of Engineering & Technology program from 2009-10 with an intake of ‘300’ students subject to approval by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliation from Calicut University.
Initially we intend to take up the following Under Graduate Courses.
1. Civil Engineering (CE)
2. Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
3. Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
4. Mechanical Engineering (ME)
5. Instrumentation and Control Engineering (ICE)
6. Computer Science and Engineering (CS)
Central Computing facility
The computer accessibility shall be via the central computer centre in the instructional building with latest hardware specification, sever and LAN/WAN facilities. The students shall be allowed to access to the computers on the basis of level and requirement. Facility will remain available from 8 am till 8 pm.
The Institute will have a well equipped central library with authentic reading and reference materials including audio, visual software stocks. The central library will allow the students to avail the facility of reference as well as lending the books. Total library area is proposed to be 450Sq Mtrs. The library will be stocked with Journals and Magazines and more than 5000 volumes of books. The library shall have internet connection, wi-fi, photocopier machine etc. The Library will be associated with other famous learning and reference centres through associate membership and exchange programmes approved by the Ministry and the affiliating University.
It is proposed to setup a Central Workshop as per the guidelines of AICTE and the requirements of the Calicut University. The workshop will have the following shops:
1. Carpentry including Pattern shop.
2. Fitting shop
3. Smithy shop
4. Welding shop
5. Painting and sheet metal shop
6. Foundry shop
7. Machine shop
Accordingly to the model syllabi, two courses on workshop practice are to be offered to all branches in engineering during the 1st and 2nd semesters. During the first semester each student has to complete about 10 to 12 exercises in Carpentry, Fitting and Smithy shops and the total batch periods of engagement will be 45. In the second semester students all branches have to complete 10to 12 exercises in welding, painting, sheet-metal. Foundry and Machine shops and for this course also the batch period of engagement will be 45. In addition, students of Mechanical Engineering program are required to undertake in 5th and 6th semesters courses on production processes I and II which are practical components to be carried out in the workshops. For each of these courses the batch period engagement of the workshop will be 12.
Ammini College of Engineering
Palakkad – 678 613
Tel : +91-491-2873599, 2873699, 2107717
Fax : +91-491-2873799
Web : www.acepalakkad.com
Please provide Full Name
Please provide Email
Please provide Mobile Number
Please provide city