Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
CPMT is an Entrance Test for selection of candidates for admission to MBBS/ BDS/ BHMS/ BAMS/ BUMS courses in various Government and approved Colleges of U.P. CPMT is an offline pen and paper test. The Question Paper of CPMT 2017 shall be based on the syllabus of Intermediate (Science) of U.P. Board. There are various medical colleges who accept the score of UPCPMT. They are government institution, semi government and privately owned also. There are some very reputed colleges also that come under this exam like ‘King George medical’ college etc. Uttar Pradesh being big state, UPCPMT caters lakh of students every year.
In terms of seats, UPCPMT is very good as compared to other medical entrance exams where seats are scarce. Roughly around 800 to 850 seats are there. These numbers of seats are for the government colleges who are present in UPCPMT. Private colleges who are not affiliated to this exam are also accepting the score cards. These 800+ seats are for all classes like general, Schedule caste, schedule tribe etc.
The UPCPMT exam has the provision of seats reservation for different categories. Some major categories are SC, ST and OBC. The percentage of seats reserved for categories are for SC category is 21 % seats are reserved, for ST category total 02 % seats are reserved and for OBC category 27 % seats are reserved. The MCI (Medical Council of India) and KGMU (King George’s Medical University) have made certain reservation for categories guidelines for admission of students in undergraduate medical courses. For PWD candidates they are required to submit their medical certificate and minimum 40 percent disability will be considered officially. Candidates are required to produce the certificate belong to their category before admissions. If the candidates fail to submit their category certificate they will not eligible to take admission. Here in the table given below, we have mentioned the seats reserved for different categories.
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||21 %|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||2 %|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||27 %|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters||2 %|
|Wards of Ex – Servicemen (Retired, Killed or disabled person in action)||2 %|
|Physically Handicapped or Challenged candidates||3 %|
|Women candidates||20 %|
|NCC Cadets of ‘B’ Grade having ‘C’ certificate||1 %|
|Start of online registeration||2nd week of March 2017|
|Last day of online submission of application forms||3rd week of April 2017|
|Duration of downloading admit cards||2nd & 3rd week of May 2017|
|Date of Examination||2nd & 3rd week of May 2017|
|Duration of downloading admit cards||3rd week of May 2017|
|Date of declaration of result and answer key||1st week of June 2017|
|Dates of application for scrutiny||1st week of June 2017|
- A candidate who has completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission born on or before 31st December 2000.
- UPCPMT (Uttar Pradesh Combined premedical test) criterion is given below and it is discussed in much detail.
- First of all you should have passed your 12th class examination from UP. Those students who have not passed their 12th class exam from UP but their parents belong to UP (With domicile) can also apply for this exam. Parent should have their domicile certificates if the candidates have not passed the 12th class exam from Uttar Pradesh.
- The intermediate examination in science of an Indian university, board or other recognised examination body with physics, chemistry and biology/Bio-Technology, including a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject. Or
- The pre-professional/pre-medical examination with physics, chemistry and biology/Bio-Technology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination or the pre-university of an equivalent examination, which includes a practical test in physics, chemistry and biology/Bio-Technology and also English as a compulsory subject.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
- BHMS (Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
- BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)
- BUMS (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery)
- Application form for CPMT can be submitted only online through official website.
- Details are available in the Information Brochure of CPMT 2017. Keep the correct details ready before submission of form after carefully reading
- Candidates are requested to read the Brochure carefully before submission of application. They should keep the entire information ready as per
Brochure of CPMT‐2016. No correction will be allowed after submission of Application form. Verify the information before final submission of
data. All the information (Especially Caste Category) which is correct on the date of submission of form will be considered valid and no change is allowed later.
The examination fee for CPMT 2017 can be remitted in the following manner:
1. Online payment through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
2. Payment through E‐Challan at the branches of State Bank of India.
Application fee fOR General/OBC Candidates 1400/‐(INR)+Bank Charges and FOR SC/ST Candidates 700/‐(INR)+Bank Charges
Syllabus for these subjects is given in the prospectus of the entrance exam or you can visit the official site of UPCPMT for downloading or taking printout of the syllabus. The syllabus of UPCPMT exam will consist of four subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Zoology. Total 50 questions will be asked from each subject. The UPCPMT question paper will be made as per the intermediate level of UP Board. The question paper will carry total 200 questions. The detailed information about UPCPMT syllabus per subject is mentioned below:
Cell- structure and function, Diversity in plants, Structural composition of plants, Plant physiology and genetics, Ecology and Environment and Improvement in food production.
Physical world and Measurement, Pure dynamics, Laws of motion, Work, Energy & Power, Rigid body and motion of the particles, Gravity, Physical properties of matter, Thermodynamics and Oscillations and Waves.
The diversity of the living world, Structural composition of animals, Human physiology, Genetics and Development, Biotechnology and its Applications, Biology and human welfare and Biodiversity & Conservation.
Some basic concepts of chemistry, Atomic structure, Classification of elements and attributes of recurrence, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of matter – gas and liquid, Oxidation reduction reactions, Electrochemistry, Theory & Process of extraction of elements, Hydrogen, S- Block Elements (Alkali and alkaline earth metals), P- Block Elements, d & F- Block Elements, Co-ordination Compounds, Environmental Chemistry, Solid State, Fusion, Thermodynamics, Chemical equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, Home Chemistry, Organic chemicals – some basic principles and techniques, Hydrocarbon, Haloalken and Haloaerin, Alcohol, Phenyl & Ether, Aldehyde, Ketone & Carboxylic Acid, Nitrogen-containing organic compounds, Organic Molecules, Polymer and Chemistry in everyday life.
The CPMT 2017 consists of one paper containing 200 objective type questions from the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology, 50 from
each subject. The duration of CPMT 2017 will be 03 hours from 09.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon.
The candidates who are the residents of Uttar Pradesh and are interested in medical courses like BHMS, BUMS, BDS, BAMS and MBBS can apply for UPCPMT exam 2017. The entrance test will be conducted in 2017. UPCPMT Result 2017 will be available through the official website of the university.
Students should follow the following steps for downloading the result:
- Go to the official website.
- Enter your Roll number and date of birth.
- Enter the text given below in the box.
- Click on submit button.
- Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the result.
- Take the print out of the result for future use.
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial Medical College, Kanpur
- Sarojini Naidu Medical College, Agra
- Motilal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad
- Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, Meerut
- Maharani Laxmi Bai Medical College, Jhansi
- Baba Raghav Das Medical College, Gorakhpur
- P. Gramin Ayurvigyan Avam Anusandhan Sansthan, Etawah
- Mahamaya Rajkiya Allopathic Medical College, Ambedkar Nagar
- Government Medical College, Kannauj
- Government Medical College, Jalaun
- Government Medical College, Azamgarh
- National Homeopathic Medical College, Lucknow
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Homoeopathic Medical College, Allahabad
- Kanpur Homoeopathic Medical College, Kanpur
- Brij Kishore Homoeopathic Medical College, Faizabad
- State Shri Durgaji Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Chandeshwar , Azamgarh
- Government Homeopathic Medical College, Ghazipur
- G.K Degree College, Moradabad
- Government Ayurvedic College, Lucknow
- Lalit Hari State Ayurvedic College, Pilibhit
- Ayurvedic College Atarra, Banda
- Bundelkhand Government Ayurvedic College, Jhansi
- Sahu Ram Narain Murli Manohar Ayurvedic College, Bareilly
- Swami Kalyan Dev Government Ayurvedic College, Rampur, Muzaffarnagar
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Ayurvedic Colleges, Handia, Allahabad
- Government Ayurvedic College, Varanasi
- State Unani Medical College, Allahabad
- Takmil-ut-tib College, Lucknow
Some of the books that help the aspiring candidates to prepare for Uttar Pradesh Combined Premedical Test or UPCPMT exam are mentioned below.
- NCERT- Chemistry Part 1 and Part 2 (Class 11th or 12th )
- ABC Chemistry
- Arihant Organic Chemistry
- Dinesh Chemistry
- Morrision Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2(Class 11th or 12th )
- HC Verma for Physics
- Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT by Aggarwals
- Physics: CBSE PMT set of 3 Volumes by Anil Aggarwal
- Concepts of Physics (Volume – 1)
- Practice problems in Physics for Engineering and Medical Entrance exam by S. Mishra
NCERT- Biology Part 1 and Part 2(Class 11th or 12th )
- Trueman’s Biology
- Dinesh Biology
- Pradeep’s Biology
- AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication)
- MTG (Biology Today) CBSE PMT (Subscription)