Visa & Immigration of Australia

Australia offers several types of student visa. You will have select based on type of study you are planning to undertake.

Below is the list of the student visas currently available

  • Independent ELICOS (Subclass 570).
  • Schools (Subclass 571).
  • Vocational Education and Training (Subclass 572).
  • Higher Education (Subclass 573).
  • Postgraduate Research (Subclass 574).
  • Non-award (Subclass 575).
  • AusAID or Defence (Subclass 576).

For more details about each visa, visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)

Student Guardian (Subclass 580)

Student Guardian visa is usually for persons below the age of 18 years, and requires guardian to reside in Australia. Follow points should be kept in mind.

  • Study up to 3 months or study ELICOS for 20 hours per week for duration of visa.
  • Meet Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
  • Sufficient funds for airfares and living costs.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Acceptable health insurance.

Visa requirements are sometimes subject to change. In order to stay updated, please refer to the official website (Department of Immigration and Border Protection). The website provides comprehensive information on the types of visas available for different levels of study in Australia.

Another option is to contact an education agent, who can help with your visa application, course application, and answer any other questions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *