The UNE PhD Innovation Research Award (UNE PIRA) is offered to meritorious international candidates who wish to enroll in the Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation) (PhD.I) research degree at UNE. For the shortlisted candidates, the scholarship will be a full-time opportunity for a period of four years. The students will be required to take the first and the last year of study on campus at UNE while also receiving an annual stipend of AUD 27,596.
International Students can apply for these scholarships.
• Entrance Requirements: A Scholarship holder:
• Must be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003.
• Must have received an Offer of full-time internal HDR Candidature in the Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation)(PhD. I) at UNE but not be enrolled.
• Must not be in receipt of an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the Scholarship stipend rate, whilst in receipt of the Scholarship.
• Must not have completed a research degree at the same level as the proposed candidature, or at a higher level.
How to Apply
All scholarship applicants must have applied for HDR Candidature at the University of New England.
• Scholarships will only be awarded to those students who have accepted an offer of HDR Candidature. International Scholarship recipients must be enrolled at UNE as on-campus full-time students.
• Selection for scholarships is based on academic merit and research performance. A high First Class Honors Degree or Research Master with Distinction or equivalent is required to be competitive for Scholarships.
• The Higher Degree Research International Students Scholarship Application Form is to be used by potential International Students to apply for scholarships available at the University of New England.
• Australian Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents and New Zealand Citizens should download and complete the Higher Degree Research Domestic Students Scholarship Application Form.
The last date for application is 1 March 2019
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
University of New England
Armidale NSW 2351 Australia
Phone: +61 2 6773 2099