The Harvard University Center for the Environment created the Environmental Fellows program to enable recent doctorate recipients to use and expand Harvard’s extraordinary resources to tackle complex environmental problems.
- Candidates for 2019 Environmental Fellowships should have received their terminal degree between May 2015 and August 2019. (Fellows must have filed their dissertation before starting their appointment in September 2019)
- Candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any field are eligible, and they may propose research projects in any discipline. Applicants without a Ph.D. may apply if they have studied in fields where the Ph.D. is not the typical terminal degree. All successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience performing scholarly research.
- Candidates may have received their degrees at any university in the world. Foreign nationals are eligible for fellowships, though study at Harvard requires proficiency in English.
How to Apply
- Candidates those who are interested can apply through the given link: http://environment.harvard.edu/application
- Please complete the online application form (on this page). (EST) and attach the relevant supporting documents as PDFs:
- curriculum vitae including list of publications;
- detailed research proposal where applicants should explain their specific reasons for applying to a Harvard residential environmental fellowship (maximum of five pages, references counted separately)
- up to three publications/writing samples.
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
James Clem, Managing Director, Harvard University Center for the Environment
26 Oxford Street, 4th Floor, Cambridge MA 02138