Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board was formed in the year 1962 for the purpose of holding Common Entrance Examinations for admission to the Undergraduate Level Engineering Courses in the State of West Bengal. The endeavour of the Board has always been directed towards enhancement of transparency in conducting Common Entrance Examinations for various Undergraduate and Postgraduate level courses in the State through effective state-of-the-art technology.
For 2017 - 2018 academic sessions, the Board will conduct common entrance examinations for admission to two year M.A. / M.Sc. course (PUMDET) in the Presidency University. The medium of admission tests will be English except for vernacular subjects like Hindi and Bengali.
|Exam Name:||Presidency University Masters Degree Eligibility Test|
|Commonly called as:||PUMDET|
|Exam Level:||State Level|
|Conducting Institute:||West Bangal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB)|
|On-line form fill up||1st week of April 2017 to 1st week of May 2017|
|Fee payment||1st week of April 2017 to 1st week of May 2017|
|Admit card (downloadable)||Last week of May 2017 to 1st week of June 2017|
|Publication of result||2nd week of July 2017|
|Counselling||4th week of July 2017|
- Candidates who have passed/appeared B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons) final examination from any recognised University not before 2015, are eligible to apply as per the eligibility table is given below.
- In exceptional cases, students who have obtained their Bachelor’s degree before 2014 will be permitted to sit for the Admission test. Such candidates must seek approval from the Chairpersons of the Admission Committee (please contact the Office of the concerned Faculty Deans at Presidency University) before submitting their application.
- Candidates, who have appeared or are appearing for the final B.A./B.Sc. Examination at the time of admission, but do not have their final results, may seek provisional admission, on the basis of marks obtained up to the previous parts of their Bachelor’s examination. If selected, they must submit their final mark sheet by 31st August, demonstrating that they fulfil the minimum condition of eligibility, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
Department/subject wise eligibility Criteria for admission:
- Candidates may apply online and register for PUMDET even before the publication of their B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons) result. After publication of their result, they should visit the online application website again, login and review their eligibility criteria as given below.
|Sl No||PG Courses||Minimum required marks for students|
|1||Bengali||50% in Bengali (Honours)|
|2||English||50% in English (Honours)|
|3||Geography||50% in Geography (Honours)|
|4||Hindi||50% in Hindi (Honours)|
|5||History||50% in History (Honours)|
|6||Philosophy||50% in Philosophy (Hons)|
|7||Political Science||50% in Pol Science (Hons)|
|8||Sociology||50% in any Honours subject|
|9||Biological Sciences||55% marks in B.Sc. with Honours in any branch of Biological Sciences|
|10||Chemistry||55% in Chemistry (Honours)|
|11||Applied Economics||55% in Economics (Hons)|
|12||Applied Geology||50% in Geology (Honours)|
|13||Mathematics||55% in Mathematics (Honours)|
|14||Physics||55% in Physics (Honours)|
|15||Statistics||55% in Statistics (Honours)|
- Application has to be filled up ONLINE at the portal: www.wbjeeb.in
- The candidate needs to visit the portal and follow the links EXAMINATIONS - PUMDET - ONLINE APPLICATION. The form is interactive in nature. There are two major steps in application form submission as follows:
- The candidate has to input name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and e-mail id. Candidate must take utmost care to give these inputs. If mistakes are committed there is no chance of correction. The mobile number and e-mail id entered will be used for all subsequent communication.
- Candidates also have to choose a log-in ID and password and remember them, which he/she will use for future log-in.
- PUMDET candidate has to choose the subject according to his/her honours/major subject in B.A./B.Sc.
At the end of this step, the candidate may opt to log out or continue to next step.
This step comprises the following subsections.
Personal details: Candidate has to input information like category, religion, domicile state, guardian’s name and address, communication address, permanent address etc.
Academic information: Candidates for PUMDET will be able to enter their data for this subsection once their results at the 10+2 level are published. The candidate has to provide information like Board, year of passing, marks scored, name and address of the institution etc. The system will automatically check his/her eligibility for the subject(s) chosen.
Candidates appearing for PUMDET may, however, fill up the available information and proceed to the next step.
Uploading scanned documents: In this sub-section, the candidate will be asked to upload the following documents in the formats specified below.
|Recent passport sized coloured photograph of the candidate||storage size : Up to 200 KB (.JPEG/.JPG)|
|Full signature of the candidate||storage size : Up to 200 KB (.JPEG/.JPG)|
|Age proof (Admit Card of 10th standard examination) or birth certificate.||storage size : Up to 200 KB (.JPEG/.JPG)|
|Mark sheet/grade card of XII standard (for PUMDET)||storage size : Up to 200 KB (.JPEG/.JPG)|
Declaration and confirmation: In this sub-section, the candidate has to agree to a statutory declaration, without which his/her application stands incomplete. Upon successful completion of the application, the system will generate a confirmation page congaing all the details entered by the candidate. The candidate needs to preserve a print out of this page till admission.
Candidate will have to pay the examination fee either online (by net banking, debit/credit cards) or offline (by e-challan). If offline mode is chosen, an e-challan will be generated automatically. Candidate needs to take a print of the challan and pay the fee in any branch of Allahabad Bank.
- The fee amount is Rs. 350/- + Rs. 10 as bank charges for both PUMDET examinations
- The examination will be conducted in various zones e.g. Kolkata, Howrah, Hooghly, Kalyani, Murshidabad, Bankura, Haldia, Asansol, Burdwan, Durgapur, Siliguri, Jamshedpur, Guwahati, Silchar and Agartala.
- Any of the examination centres may be dropped if an adequate number of candidates is not available.
- The applicants opting for such centre(s) will be allotted seats to the nearest location of his/her choice.
- The allotment of examination centre is fully at the discretion of the Board. Allotment made by the Board is final and no request for changing the zone/centre of examination will be entertained under any circumstances.
* The MCQ test will be a qualifying test. Papers of the written test will be evaluated for only those candidates, who qualify in the MCQ test. Scripts of written examination will be evaluated for a maximum number of 10 times the total seat capacity with bunching effect. Marks of MCQ test will not be considered for preparation of the merit list.
- MCQ means Multiple Choice Questions.
- All multiple choice questions will have four answer options; only one of them being correct.
- Correct response will fetch full marks
- No response will fetch zero marks.
- Wrong response or multiple responses will fetch negative one-fourth (- ¼ the) of the full mark (for example if full mark for the question is 2 then it will fetch -½).
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
- The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
- Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated/ distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/ distorted/ soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in PUMDET.
- Candidates are advised to retain their admit cards carefully in secured place in undamaged condition in all respects till completion of admission procedure.
The Board will publish the merit list in its website: www.wbjeeb.in and final allotment of seats will be made through counselling to be conducted by the WBJEEB. The Board neither publishes nor communicates the result to any individual applicant. It does not have any provision for post-publication scrutiny or review and hence such requests will not be entertained.
1. Higher marks obtained at the honours level (either the percentage of marks or the
percentage equivalent after grade point conversion)
2. Higher combined percentage of marks obtained in honours and subsidiary/ Pass/ Extra-departmental subjects.
The Office of the Board functions from AQ-13/1,
Sector-V, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata - 700 091. Phone:
(033) 2367 1159/ 1198,