National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore invites applications for admissions to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) for the academic year 2016- 17.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is conducted by National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore.
PhD Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
|Last Date for Receipt of Application||06th August 2016|
|Date of Admission Test||03rd September 2016|
|Presentation of Research Proposal before the Panel of Experts by Candidates||26th & 27th September 2016|
|Date of Commencement of the Course Work to Candidates admitted to the Research Degree Programmes||02nd November 2016|
- The candidates are required to carry out research for a minimum period of three years from the date of registration, which includes the residential requirement as detailed in Rule VIII and submit a thesis within a maximum period of five years.
- Failure to complete within the stipulated time (maximum period of five years) will lead to cancellation of registration.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- The Candidate shall have an LL.M. Degree (regular mode) from recognized University securing ‘B+’ grade or an aggregate of 55% marks or its equivalent.
- The candidate having a Master’s Degree in any discipline through a regular stream with a minimum of 55% or equivalent grade and a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognised University through regular stream shall be eligible for admission.
- The candidate having passed the Company Secretaryship examination conducted by the ICS in India and been awarded Associate Membership of the Institute (ACS) and having a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognised University through regular stream shall be eligible for admission;
- The candidate having passed the Chartered Accountants examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants and been awarded Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and having a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognised University through regular stream shall be eligible for admission.
- The candidate having a Master’s Degree in any discipline through regular stream with a minimum of 55% or equivalent grade from a recognized University shall be eligible for admission, provided that the candidates with qualifications in Social Sciences, Humanities and Sciences may be admitted to the programme if the research they wish to pursue interfaces with the discipline of law with a special focus on Public Policy or Law.
a) Application along with the research proposal of about 10 to 12 pages to be submitted within the stipulated time
b) The research proposal should contain:
ii) Statement of the problem and the background information on the subject
iii) A set of research questions along with Hypothesis & Methodology
iv) A Research Design containing chapters
c) The research proposal for inter-disciplinary research shall have components which have a bearing on legal aspects, review and reform.
a) There shall be a written test which will be on par with UGC NET / JRF exams.
The test shall consist of the following :
a) Objective type questions on Research Aptitude – 50 marks
b) Contemporary developments in the field of law and society – 50 marks
c) Specific questions in Law /MBL/MPP/other disciplines – 50 marks
Candidate securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate will qualify for making an oral presentation before the expert panel.
The candidates successful in written test and the candidates exempted from taking the admission test shall be required to make an oral presentation before a panel of an expert on the dates specified for the University.
|Registration fee||Rs. 30,000/-|
|Examination Fee (at the time of submission of thesis)||Rs. 20,000/-|
|Continuation fee for 2 years (Rs. 15,000/- every year) after the completion of three years||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Re-submission of thesis||Rs. 20,000/-|
|Registration fee||Rs. 65,000/-|
|Examination Fee (at the time of submission of thesis)||Rs. 45,000/-|
|Continuation fee for 2 years (Rs.25,000/- every year) after completion of three years||Rs. 25,000/-|
|Re-submission of thesis||Rs. 45,000/-|
The candidates will be selected by the P.G. Council upon consideration of the research proposal and the report submitted by the expert panel on the presentation.
For more details please contact
National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore
Leave your comments for National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore announces Ph.D Admission 2016
Stay connected with us on
Today: Jun 07, 2023