Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
GCET 2017 Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
GOA Common Entrance Test (Goa CET) is the entrance test that is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education under the Government of GOA every year. This common entrance test is organized for admissions in bachelor`s degree programmes in several fields such as Engineering, Architecture and Medicine, Pharmacy and Dentistry. These professional degree courses are offered by a number of government aided as well as private colleges and institutes within the state of Goa. The Directorate of Technical Education board, GOA set an eligibility criteria GOA CET to qualify for GOA engineering entrance exam.
All candidates desirous of seeking admissions to Professional Degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Engineering, Pharmacy, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing (at Institute of Nursing Education) in the colleges within the State of Goa (except AIQ & GOI) during the academic
session 2017-2018, must appear and have a valid score in GCET-2017
|Announcement of dates||30th November 2016|
|Upload of Prospectus on the website||31st January 2017|
|Start of receiving of application forms for GCET-2017||23 March 2017|
|Last date for receiving forms||1st week of April 2017|
|Last date for receiving applications and issue of admit cards||1st April 2017|
|Last date for receiving applications and issue of admit cards (with late fee of 1,000 INR)||30th April 2017|
|GCET Exam Date||5th May 2017 & 6th May 2017|
|GCET Exam Results||13th May 2017|
Goa CET is conducted for the 1st year professional degree courses in
=> Medicine (MBBS)
=> Dentry (BDS)
=> Engineering (BE)
=> Pharmacy (B Pharmacy)
=> Architecture (B Architecture)
=> Homeopathy (BHMS)
=> Allied Health Science (BPT, BOT, B Opt, B Sc MIT, B Sc AT)
=> B Sc in NURSING
- Admission to professional courses in State of Goa is open to Indian nationals fulfilling the eligibility criteria under various categories. Non-resident Indians holding Indian passport may also apply for seats reserved under NRI category.
- An applicant to Degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing must have competed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year.
- An applicant for Degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Engineering, Pharmacy, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing must have appeared and obtained valid score at the Goa Common Entrance Test GCET conducted by Government of Goa for the year of admission. GCET score of the previous year/s shall not be valid.
- For Medicine and Dentistry Degree courses, minimum GCET score should be 50% (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC and 45% for applicants belonging to PH category.) aggregate in specified subjects. No minimum limit is specified for other courses. An applicant for Degree Course in Architecture must have appeared and obtained valid score at NATA conducted by Council of Architecture.
- An applicant must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Goa Board or an examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or any other examination, which in scope and standard, is deemed to be equivalent to the H.S.S.C.
examination of Goa Board, and must have obtained the minimum percentage of marks in the specific subjects, as prescribed for the admission to respective professional courses, as under.
For Engineering Program
For being eligible to seek admission to Engineering Degree Programs at Second Year/Third Semester Level included in this prospectus, an applicant must fulfil the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an Indian National
- The candidate must have passed from Polytechnics or colleges in the State of Goa, or as a Goa State nominee, under GOI seats or reciprocal arrangement, if passed Diploma from other States
- Candidate must have passed the Diploma in Engineering in the relevant branch with minimum of 45%* (40%* in case of SC/ST/OBC) aggregate marks at the - Diploma course exam conducted by the Goa Board of Technical
- Education or an equivalent exam, conducted by a recognised Board of Technical Education in India or abroad
For Pharmacy Program
- Candidate must be an Indian National
- Candidate must have passed the Diploma in Pharmacy with minimum 45%* (40%* in case of SC/ST/OBC#) aggregate marks (Second Year) from Board of - Technical Education, Goa, including specified practical training.
- Application forms from candidates who have not completed their practical training will be provisionally accepted However, they shall be considered eligible for admissions, only after completion of specified Practical Training.
- Candidate must have passed the Diploma course from Goa College of Pharmacy, Panaji, and Goa
The D.Pharm Students admitted under above provision to Second Year B.Pharm Science course will have to appear and pass in subjects, as specified by Goa University
- Candidate who has passed Diploma from other States shall be eligible only for the seats remaining vacant after admitting all the candidates from Goa, only if he/she fulfils other eligibility criteria
Eligible Diploma/B.Sc Degree holders to vacant First Year Seats in Engg./Pharmacy:
- Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering/B.Sc Degree with Mathematics as a subject at Std XIIth, with at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC), shall be eligible for admission to First Year of Engg. Degree Courses subject to vacancies in First Year, after vacancies at Lateral Entry are exhausted
- Merit list of such candidates shall be prepared as per provision under 'Guidelines for merit list. Diploma holders in Pharmacy' are eligible for admissions to First Year of Pharmacy Degree Course under this provision
A fixed number of seats are reserved for various categories in the GCET 2017. The Reservation of Seats in details is described below:
|Category||Percentage Seat Reservation|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||2|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3|
|Central Service Personnel||3|
|Non-Resident Indians||1 seat in each Technical/Engineering colleges|
|Kashmiri Migrants||1 seat in each Technical/Engineering colleges|
Applicants shall download, print and submit application form for GCET-2017 (Form A), at notified locations as per Centre opted, on specified dates, along with application fee of Rs. 1500/- payable vide demand draft drawn in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji – Goa, on any
Scheduled Bank, and three identical photographs as indicated, and other relevant certificates (self attested photo copies), to obtain the Photo-Admit Card, from the Admission Committee. Admit cards will be issued only to candidates in person. Applicants shall ensure that the validity of the
Demand Draft is atleast 3 months from the date of issue.
The prospectus issued by DTE Goa consists of GCET 2017 Application Form A and B. Candidates must note that Form A is to apply for GCET 2017 while Form B is for GCET 2017 Counselling only.
- Candidates must keep Form B safe until the results are announced and fill it later at the time of applying for the counselling procedure. The steps involved in the application process for GCET 2017 are as follows:
- Open the official website of DTE, Goa.
- Next, the candidates are advised to very carefully read the information with regard to GCET 2017 and thereby, fill all the necessary details as required in the form.
- Once the form has been duly filled, applicants are required to take a print out of the same and submit the Form A at the notified Application - Reception Center in person along with the required application fees.
- At the Application Reception Center, along with the Form A and the application fees, candidates have to submit three identical photographs as specified and obtain their Photo Admit Cards from the Admission Committee on the same day.
- Late application forms will be accepted with a late fee of 1,000 INR until previously notified date. No late forms beyond this date will be accepted.
The particulars to be filled in the GCET 2017 Application Form includes details like
- Contact details
- Date and Place of birth
- Academic details
- GCET subjects and center
- GCET payment details
- Declaration by the applicant
Documents To Be Submitted With The GCET 2017 Application Form
Given below is the list of documents to be attached with Form A of GCET 2017 application form:
- SSCE Passing certificate
- Class XII passing certificate
- HSSC Examination hall ticket
- Photograph Specifications
The photograph affixed by the candidate on the Form A of GCET 2017 should be a recent one, not earlier than three months from the date of application. Moreover, the applicants are required to enclose two additional identical photographs along with the form.
|Application fee is||Rs. 1500/-|
|GCET 2017 forms that are late will be accepted with an additional late fee of||Rs.1000/- INR|
|Tiswadi Cujira(Bambolim)||10||Dhempe Higher Secondary School of Arts & Science|
|Panaji||11||Goa College of Pharmacy|
|Verna||12||Fr. Agnel Multipurpose Higher Secondary School|
|Navelim||13||Rosary College / Higher Secondary of Arts & Commerce|
|Vasco||14||Deep Vihar High School|
|Mapusa||15||Purushottam Walawalkar Higher Secondary School|
|Ponda-1||16||A. J. De Almeida High School|
|Ponda(Farmagudi)||17||G. V. Ms. Smt. N. J. Aguiar Higher Secondary School|
|Bicholim||18||Narayan Zantye College of Commerce|
|Curchorem||19||Smt. Chandrabhaga T. Naik Higher Secondary School|
|Porvorim||20||Vidya Prabodhini Higher Secondary School|
|Assagao||21||DM’s PVS Sarojini M. Kushe Higher Secondary School|
|Sanquelim||22||Govt. Higher Secondary School|
|Cuncolim||23||Maria Bambina Higher Secondary School|
|Dharbandora||24||BBSS, Vishweshwar Shankar Laad Higher Secondary School|
The code for centre preferred should be correctly entered on the application form. Any request for change in choice of papers and/or centre selected/allotted shall not be entertained after issue of the Admit Card.
GCET 2017 Exam Pattern is prepared by the authority responsible for conducting the exam, DTE. GCET 2017 Exam will be divided into papers, with each pertaining to questions from its field of study. Each paper will be of two hours. Candidates must note that GCET is conducted in the offline format, that is, pen and paper mode.
Combining the four papers, there will be a total of 225 questions with each question carrying one mark. There is no negative marking. Below presented table discusses paper wise number of questions and marks for GCET 2017:
|SUBJECT/PAPER||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|Biology and Computer Science||75||75|
- The code for centre preferred should be correctly entered on the application form. Any request for change in choice of papers and/or centre selected/allotted shall not be entertained after issue PROSPECTUS FOR PROFESSIONAL DEGREE COURSES 2017-18 10 DIRECTORATE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION, ALTO, PORVORIM – GOA, 403521 of the Admit Card.
- Depending on availability of accommodation at the centres, Admission Committee shall allot the examination centre, which shall be binding on the candidate. Allotment of Centre to applicants submitting forms (with late fees) shall be done by the Admission Committee.
Candidates must produce ‘Photo Admit Cards’ for appearing in the test at the designated centre. Candidates shall be seated in the examination hall at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the paper
The result for GCET 2017 will be declared by DTE on April 18, 2017 on its official website. Candidates must remember that no individual score cards will be published.
Steps to download GCET 2017 Result
Given below are the steps to be followed to check the GCET Result.
- Open the official website of DTE, Goa www.dtegoa.gov.in
- Look for the link of GCET 2017 result.
- Once there, fill in the required details like roll number and the date of birth.
- Once the details have been correctly submitted, the result will appear on the screen.
Counselling for GCET 2017 will be conducted in the beginning of June until July by DTE. To participate in counselling, candidates need to first fill and submit the Form B before the already notified date. Counselling for GCET 2017 will be conducted purely on the basis of the merit list prepared by the DTE.
GCET 2017 allotment of seats for counselling will be conducted purely on the basis of merit list, rank, number of vacancies, reservation criteria among other factors. For the entire duration of the counselling process, candidates have to be present in person. The counselling process will include applying for admissions, document verification, seat allotment and admissions. GCET 2017 counselling will be held in 2 rounds. Candidates, who fail to secure a seat in the first round of counselling, will be eligible for the second round. In case, the candidate fails to secure a seat even in the second round then the center may conduct an extra round of admissions, if required.
Important Documents required at the time of GCET 2017 Counselling Process are:
Given below is the list of documents required by the candidates at the time of GCET 2017 Counselling Process:
- Date of Birth Proof
- GCET 2017 Admit Card
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Acknowledgement Slip of GCET 2017 with photograph
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class X Certificate
- Class XII Mark Sheet
- Class XII Passing Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Residence Proof
- Documents to claim relaxation in the period of residence (if applicable)
- Family income certificate (or tuition fee waiver)
- Certificate of eligibility from Goa University (for applicants other than Goa Board)
Many colleges and esteemed institutions offer admissions for its B.E courses via the GCET. The entire list of the participating institutes is given below:
- Goa College of Engineering
- Padre Conceiao College of Engineering
- Don Bosco College of Engineering
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute Of Engineering and Information Technology
- Agnel Institute of Technology and Design
Address for communication:
Chairman, Admission Committee
Directorate of Technical Education
Alto-Porvorim, Bardez, Goa. 403 521.
Phone (0832) 2416370.