- 1 PUCET UG Exam
- 1.1 PUCET UG Exam Important Dates
- 1.2 Courses Offered
- 1.3 PUCET UG Exam Eligibility Criteria
- 1.4 PUCET UG Exam Application Fee
- 1.5 PUCET UG Exam How to Apply
- 1.6 PUCET UG Exam Pattern
- 1.7 PUCET UG Exam Admit Card / Hall Ticket
- 1.8 PUCET UG Exam Cutoff
- 1.9 PUCET UG Exam Results
- 1.10 PUCET UG Exam Counselling
- 1.11 Contact Details
Panjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET) entrance tests conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh. The varsity at the onset of each academic session, which includes the PU Common Entrance Test for Under Graduate courses, PUCET and Common Entrance Test for Post Graduate courses, PUCET, apart from other department-wise entrance tests.
PUCET UG Exam
Candidates can get the full details of PUCET Exam 2023 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
|Exam Name:||Panjab University Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Institute:||Panjab University, Chandigarh|
|Commonly called as:||PUCET|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Stream:||Engineering Entrance Exam|
PUCET UG Exam Important Dates
|Date of Availability of Prospectus and online Registration Form||March 01, 2023 (Wednesday)|
|Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Login & Password||March 29, 2023 (Wednesday)|
|Last date for deposit of fee through Online mode||March 31, 2023 (Friday)|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information in the registration form on the website||April 02, 2023 (Sunday)|
|Availability of Admit Card Online|
Admit Cards will be available for downloading from the website by the candidate using his/her Login ID and Password. The candidates will be communicated through email only for this purpose.
|April 11, 2023 (Tuesday)|
|Last date for candidates who have not completed their form but have paid requisite fee, can complete their form (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) by paying late fee of Rs. 500/-||April 13, 2023 (Thursday)|
|Date of Entrance Test||April 16, 2023 (Sunday)|
|Tentative Date of declaration of result||May 05, 2023|
|Centre for the Entrance Test||Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Muktsar, Hoshiarpur|
|Date of availability of online Admission Form at https://cetug.puchd.ac.in||Notified later on|
– B.Sc. (Hons) Anthropology
– B.Sc. (Hons) Biochemistry
– B.Sc. (Hons) Biophysics
– B.Sc. (Hons) Biotechnology
– B.Sc. (Hons) Botany
– B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry
– B.Sc. (Hons) Geology
– B.Sc. (Hons) Microbiology
– B.Sc. (Hons) Physics
– B.Sc. (Hons) Physics (Specialization in Electronics)
– B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology
– B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
PUCET UG Exam Eligibility Criteria
- A person who shall attain the age of 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission and has passed 10+2 exam from the recognized Board/Bodies/Councils or any other exam recognized as equivalent to 10+2 exam by the Panjab University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology after qualifying the entrance test shall be eligible to join the first class of the course.
- Only Indian Citizens are eligible for admission except in the NRI quota seats
- B.Pharm: 50% Marks in 10+2 examination conducted by the respective State/Central Government authorities recognised as equivalent to 10+2 examination by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with English, Physics, Chemistry and one of the following subject: Biology/ Biotechnology / Mathematics
- Anthropology/Chemistry/Geology/Physics/Physics (Specialization in Electronics)/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Biotechnology: Should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology
B.Sc (Hons. School Semester System) in various teaching Depts
- Botany, Zoology: Passed 10+2 Exam with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST/BC) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- Anthropology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Physics & Electronics: Passed 10+2 Exam with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST/ BC) with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology
- Biochemistry, Microbiology: Passed 10+2 exam with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST/ BC) with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- Biotechnology, Biophysics: Passed 10+2 exam with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST/ BC) with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology/Biotechnology/ Computer Science.
- Mathematics: Passed 10+2 exam with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST/ BC) with Mathematics as one of the subjects
PUCET UG Exam Application Fee
|General Category [PCB or PCM or M] :||Rs. 2395/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Category [PCB or PCM or M]||Rs. 1198/-|
|Additional Paper [Biology or Mathematics]||Rs. 475/-|
PUCET UG Exam How to Apply
STEPS TO FOLLOW :
- Register Online. [last date for registration: March 29, 2023 (Wednesday)].
- Note down your Login Id and Password (login details will be sent to your registered Email Id also).
- Login to your account to pay fee online. [last date for submission of fee: March 31, 2023 (Friday)].
- After successful payment, complete your form. Upload scanned passport size photograph, signature, fill other important information and Save and Confirm. (Once you confirm the form, you will not be allowed to change information in the form). [last date for completion of registration form: April 02, 2023 (Sunday)]
- Download your Admit Card after April 11, 2023 (Tuesday). (Bring one photo identity proof like Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Passport etc. at the Examination centre failing which the candidate will not be allowed to enter in the Examination Hall.)
PUCET UG Exam Pattern
- The test will be conducted in the subjects of, (i) Physics, (ii) Chemistry (iii) Biology (iv) Mathematics (v) Biotechnology and (vi) Computer Science as per date sheet.
- The scheme of the PUCET (U.G. & BHMS) Entrance Test is given below: For every wrong answer, 25% i.e. ¼ mark allotted to the question will be deducted.
- The syllabus is as per the CBSE for the session 2019-22.
- The medium of examination shall be ENGLISH only
|Name of the Subject||No. of Q||Marks to each Q||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper-I Physics||60||2||120||70 minutes|
|Paper-II Chemistry||60||2||120||70 minutes|
|Paper-III Biology||60||2||120||70 minutes|
|Paper-IV Mathematics||60||2||120||70 minutes|
|Paper-V Biotechnology||60||2||120||70 minutes|
|Paper-VI Computer Science||60||2||120||70 minutes|
PUCET UG Exam Admit Card / Hall Ticket
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
PUCET UG Exam Cutoff
The cut off score depends on difficulty level of exam, availability of seats, number of applicants, etc. Based on the cut-off score examination authority prepares the merit list and candidates are called for counselling.
PUCET UG Exam Results
(a) The University will publish PU – CET (U.G.) result showing the list of “Qualified” and “Not Qualified”
candidates for the following combinations of subjects:-
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Mathematics only.
(b) The cut off percentage is 15% of the total marks. Only in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Backward Classes / PwD candidates, this requirement will be a minimum attainment of 10% (cut off) of total marks.
(c) Admissions to various courses shall be made on the basis of merit only.
(d) The CET Percentile Score of the two streams will be evaluated independently. The final Merit List for the admission to B.Sc. (Hons.) under the framework of Hons. School System (CBCS) will be prepared by adding:
(i) CET percentile score with 75% weightage,
(ii) 10+2 or its equivalent examination marks with 25% weightage,
(iii) The candidate qualified 10+2 or its equivalent class with Physics, Chemistry,
Mathematics and Biology subjects, larger of the mark of two subject combinations will be taken, and
(iii) over and above weightage of NCC, NSS, etc. in terms of marks in the Qualifying Examination.
PUCET UG Exam Counselling
Candidates who are qualified in Panjab University Common Entrance Test will be called for the counselling process of PUCET 2023.
Punjab University Common Entrance Test
Chandigarh- 160014, Punjab, India (Punjab)
Contacts: Punjab University
Official Website: http://www.puchd.ac.in/