Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi invites applications for admissions to UGC NET for the academic year 2016- 17.
UGC NET is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree (Or) equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (list attached page No.22 to 48) in Humanities (including Languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc (list of subjects of post graduation attached at page No. 18 to 19) are eligible for this Test
- The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-creamy Layer/SC/ST/PWD Category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible for this Test
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) exam and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree Exam (Or) equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC(Non-creamy layer) / SC/ ST /PWD (Persons with Disability) category candidates
- Such candidates must complete their PG Degree Exam within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified
- The PhD Degree holders whose Master’s Level Exam had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No.14 (on page 12-13), may appear in a related subject
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi
- The candidates who desire to appear in the test may see the detailed notification available on the website www.cbsenet.nic.in from 12th April 2016
Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the scanned images as below:
- Passport size photograph in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 40 kb. The dimension of the photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height)
- Signature in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 30 kb; the dimension of the signature should be 3.5 cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height)
Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on CBSE website www.cbsenet.nic.in
Note Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected The envelope containing the Application Form should be superscribed “UGC NATIONA” For details, logon to the link: http://cbsenet.nic.in
For General candidates, the examination fee is Rs.600/-
Other Backward Classes is Rs.300/-
SC/ST/PWD candidates, it is Rs.150/-
UGC NET Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
List of cities where UGC NET will be conducted in 2016
Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.
For more details please contact
For more details please contact
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
Leave your comments for CBSE UGC NET July 2016 Notification & Exam datecomments powered by Disqus