Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The students entering engineering programs at VIT have two options to study. The first is to study for all the four years at VIT and get a B.Tech degree in a chosen field of engineering and then go for higher studies or take up employment. The second option is the international transfer program ( ITP). ITP offers the entering students with an opportunity to study the first two years of the bachelors degree in engineering at VIT and complete the last two years of study in the USA, UK or Australia and get a degree from a partner university there. For the first batch of ITP, starting in 2017, VIT offers three majors to choose from. They are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
For the first batch of ITP students, VIT will also offer a choice of ten partner universities or campuses to choose from to undergo the last two years of study and receive the partner university's bachelors degree in engineering.
|VITEEE Application Form availability||November 2016 onwards|
|Last date for issue/receipt of application forms||March , 2017|
|Last date for editing submitted online application form||March , 2017|
|CBT Slot Booking||3rd week of March, 2017|
|Admit card download||3rd week of March, 2017|
|VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2016)||· April 2017|
|Entrance exam result||April , 2017 (tentative)|
|Counselling||2nd & 3rd week of May, 2017|
- 10 +2 higher secondary or equivalent education
- Minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the 12th grade
- Competitive scores in the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1995 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2017
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2017 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply. 'NIOS' candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2017.
School of Computing Science and Engineering (SCOPE)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering *
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with Spec. in Information Security
School of Mechanical Engineering(SMEC)
- B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering *
- B.Tech - Mechanical with specialization in Energy Engineering
- B.Tech - Mechanical with specialization in Automotive Engineering
- B.Tech - Production and Industrial Engineering
School of Civil and Chemical Engineering (SCALE)
- B.Tech - Civil Engineering *
- B.Tech - Chemical Engineering
School of Bio Sciences and Technology (SBST)
- B.Tech. Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech. Biotechnology
School of Electrical Engineering (SELECT)
- B.Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering *
- B.Tech. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
School of Information Technology and Engineering (SITE)
- B.Tech. Information Technology
School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE)
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering *
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering with Spec. in Internet of Things and Sensor
- B.Tech. Electronics and Computer Engineering **
- B.Tech. Fashion Technology (4 years)**
* These programmes are offered at Chennai Campus also.
** These programmes are offered at Chennai Campus only.
The candidates should produce the following documents in original along with one set of photocopies while reporting for counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the counselling process without these documents.
- Copy of Provisional Admission Letter
- 10th Standard marks statement (Photocopy) or Age proof certificate
- Qualifying examination (+2) mark statements
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate / Conduct Certificate (If available)
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST category)
- Nativity certificate (For candidates hailing from North Eastern states and Jammu And Kashmir)
- One set of photocopies of all the above original documents
=> Student Profile
=> Certificate of physical fitness
=> Affidavit by Parent | Affidavit by Student
=> Hostel Affidavit-mens hostel | Hostel Affidavit-ladies hostel
VITEEE 2017 Application Form (online and offline) will be available from November, 2016 onwards. All the correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through email only. So, the applicants must get ready with valid email id and mobile number for contact.
- Online Application Form fee – 960 /-
- Offline Application Fee – 990/-
- Offline Application Form will be available in selected Head Post Offices.
- Mode of Payment – Internet Banking facility through Net banking / Debit card / Credit card / and Demand Draft Mode
VITEEE 2017 Syllabus is designed with CBSE Syllabus and State Board of Higher Secondary Education. VITEEE 2017 Syllabus for Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry are as follows
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their applications
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Properties of Matter
- Laws of Motion and Work, Energy and Power
PART II- Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- P,d and f –Block Elements
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds
PART III- MATHEMATICS
- Discrete Mathematics
- Probability Distributions
- Integral Calculus and its Applications
- Differential Equations
- Differential Calculus
- Vector Algebra
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Complex Numbers
- Applications of matrices and determinants
- Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders upto 10000||
Rs 50,000 Scholarship for all the four years.
[Rs.50000 x 4 years = Rs.200000]
|VITEEE rank holders of 10001 to 20000||
Rs 25,000 Scholarship for all the four years.
[Rs.25000 x 4 years = Rs.100000]
- Refund will be made as per the norms of the UGC. The Counselling fee of Rs.10,000/- is non-refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University.
- We do not refund any fees on account of withdrawal or absence from the Institute or for any other reason after a student has taken admission to any course of study. You may, however, claim a refund for due consideration from the University. If approved, the amount to be refunded shall be
within the limits of the University.
- All refundable deposits will be returned, after deductions if any, at the time of completion of the course or on cancellation of admission
Director - UG Admissions
Office of Admissions, VIT University,
Vellore - 632014
Tamil Nadu, India.
Help line: + 91-416-330 5555
Phone: + 91-416-220 2157, 220 2168
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 0411