Uttaranchal University, Dehradun invites applications for admissions to Ph.D program for the academic year 2016- 17.
PhD program is conducted by Uttaranchal University, Dehradun.
The study of Ph.D Program for session 2016 is under way at Uttaranchal University. With a view to maintaining the quality and objectivity of research, the university has enrolled the very deserving candidates for the program in compliance with guidelines of the UGC Regulation 2009.
Ph.D program Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
|Last date of registration||17 september 2016|
The PhD. Research program is being offered in the following fields of study:
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Agriculture(Agronomy/Horticulture/Plant Pathology
Entrance exam for vacant seat to Ph.D program under various stream is scheduled to be held on 24 september-2016. Details of vacant seats under different streams are as given below.
|S.no.||Stream||No. Of Seats|
|03.||Computer Science & Engineering||02|
|04.||Agriculture Science & Forestry||03|
The entrance exam will consist of two parts i.e. 50% Reaserch Methodology and 50% in Concerned Subject.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- A candidate for the Ph.D. degree must have a Master’s degree of any University incorporated by the law in force, in allied discipline and recognized by the Executive Council of the University.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree in engineering /technology/any other professional discipline, with either 75% or more marks in aggregate and a minimum of three years or 60% or more marks in aggregate and a minimum of fifteen years, relevant experience in recognized institute/university/industry/government organization, may be considered eligible for admission, on the recommendation of SRC and approval by BOS.
- Candidates possessing M.Phil. Degree in the allied discipline.
- For foreign national/NRI/PIO eligibility as per UGC/AIU guide lines/rules.
- Other candidates fulfilling the essential eligibility criteria will also be considered subject to availability of seats..
Details about the admission procedure
- The admission to Ph.D. course shall be done through Uttaranchal University Entrance Examination (UUEE) for eligible candidates and shall be followed by an interview.
- Those candidates who have cleared JRF/NET-UGC/GATE/SLET/USET will be exempted from entrance examination.
- Candidates possessing M.Phil. Degree in the allied discipline will be exempted from the entrance examination.
- The candidates shall be interviewed by the RDC about their research interest/area..
- Admission to Ph.D program will be based purely on merit, computed through the following criteria :
30% weightage to percentage of marks of Master’s Degree.
30% weightage to the score of Uttaranchal University Entrance Examination(UUEE)/ JRF/NET-UGC/GATE/SLET/USET.
40% weightage to the personal interview by RDC.
Instructions for filling on-line registration form and making on-line payment of registration fee
This process involves the following steps:
1) Fill in your details in "New Students? Signup" section.
2) Click on the "SIGN UP" button.
3) A confirmation mail will be sent to you on your e-mail id along with your registration activation link.
4) On clicking this link your online registration account will be activated.
5) This activation will redirect you to the on-line registration page.
6) Now login through "Registered Student? Login" section and continue with the registration process as per the instructions given in the form and on completion click the Submit button.
7) You can pay registration fees via CCAvenue online secure payment gateway, Demand Draft, NEFT, RTGS, Direct deposit to dena bank.
8) Keep payment details ready, which may be Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking/Demand Draft/NEFT/RTGS/Direct payment into Bank account.
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of Uttaranchal University, Dehradun: Click here to download application form
- Only regular faculty of Uttaranchal University, possessing requisite qualifications as prescribed by UGC and having published work, shall be the Supervisor of the Candidate.
- Faculty members of University who possesses Ph.D. Degree with minimum of 4 years of teaching experience and have at least two publications in refereed journals are eligible to be a Supervisor for a Ph.D scholar.
- Adjunct Professor /Emeritus Professor are also eligible for Research Supervisors with valid Ph.D. Degree in the relevant field.
- Every full time research scholar shall normally work at University Campus. However permission to work at an outside place may be given for a limited period, on recommendation of the RDC.
- The Research Degree Committee (RDC) of the subject shall ensure, in the case of Assistant Professors and Associate professors, their ability to be approved as supervisors, which will be based on the quality of published/ project work carried out by them.
- A Co-Guide/ Co-supervisor can also be allowed by the RDC for interdisciplinary work. But, either guide or co-guide must be a teacher of this university.
- New supervisors has to be approved by the Academic Council on the recommendations of concerned RDC as per provisions of the Statutes of Uttaranchal University.
- Full time deserving candidates will be eligible to apply for suitable scholarship on successful completion of their pre-Ph.D. course work.
- Such candidates will be awarded scholarship/stipend* per month as per the University rules. They will be required to take the teaching load of 10-12 hours per week during this period.
*To be revised from time to time.
1) Application fees is Rs. 1200/-. A processing fee of Rs 50/- shall be charged from the students in case of payment through Debit card/Credit card and Internet Banking and the total sum to be submitted is Rs. 1250/-.
2) A receipt shall be generated online once the payment is confirmed and the candidate will receive payment confirmation mail.
3) Now the on-line registration process is complete.
For more details please contact
Arcadia Grant, P.O. Chandanwari,
Premnagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand-248007
Tel- 0135-2772135, 2771170, 2773531
Toll Free- 18001804201, 4221
Leave your comments for Uttaranchal University, Dehradun Ph.D program Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on