Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar invites applications for admissions to PG Programme for the academic year 2016- 17.
PG Programme admission is conducted by Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar.
- Library & Information Science
- Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology
- Public Administration
- Business Administration (MBA)
- MCA Programme
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- At least Second class Honours in Statistics/ Mathematics or Second class Honours in any other subject with Statistics/Mathematics as a pass or elective subject or 50% marks in aggregate for pass candidates having Statistics/Mathematics as optional subject.
- Candidates with second class Honours in Anthropology or at least second class Honours in other subjects, such as, Sociology, Psychology,Economics, Political Science, History, and Geography with Anthropology as pass or Elective subject with at least 50% marks or Second Class Honours in Zoology, Botany, Biotechnology, Micro-biology and Geology.
Out of 32 seats, (a) 24 seats are reserved for candidates with Honours degree in Anthropology or candidates with Honours in Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Political Science, History and Geography with Anthropology as a pass or Elective subject (b) 8 seats are reserved for candidates with at least 2nd Class Honours Degree in Zoology Botany, Biotechnology, Micro-biology and Geology.
- Second Class Honours in Geography or Second Class Honours in other subjects with Geography as a Pass Subject at +3 Degree (Arts/Science) Level.
- First qualifying Bachelor’s Degree (except AMIE) with 50% marks in aggregate.
e) Library & Information Science:
- At least 50% marks in aggregate at +3 Degree level. 10 marks shall be added to the career marks for candidates passing B.A. with Library Science as a Pass / Honours subject & for candidates who have qualified one year B.Lib. Inf. Sc.
- 50% in LL.B or equivalent law degree (The students appearing LL.B. Final Degree examination are advised to apply before publication of their result for the Entrance Test.
g) Ancient. Indian History, Culture & Archaeology:
- At least Second class Honours In History or second class Honours in other subjects with 50% marks in Archaeology and Museology as a pass subject at the + 3 Degree level.
h) Public Administration:
- Second class honours in Public Administration or att least 50% marks in aggregate at +3 Degree level. 5 or 10 marks shall be added to the career marks for candidates passing B.A. with Political Science as pass or Honours subject respectively.
- Second class Honours in Sociology or at least 50% of marks in aggregate with Honours in Anthropology, Political Science, Economics or Psychology.
- Graduate with Psychology as a subject having at least 2nd class Honours or at least 50% aggregate marks at +3 Degree level.
- Candidates having +3 degree in Physical / Biological Sciences with at least 55% marks in B.Sc. and Biology / Biotechnology as one of the subjects in +2 level. Out of total 14 seats, 10 (ten) students will be selected through JNU common entrance test, New Delhi and 4 (four) students will be selected through Utkal University Entrance Test.
l) Business Administration (MBA):
- Bachelor’s degree under any stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate (except AMIE).
m) MCA Programme:
- Bachelor’s degree under any stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate and Mathematics/Statistics as a subject at +2
level (except AMIE).
Application form can be downloaded from official website of Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar: Click here to download application form
Collect the prescribed admission form either from the Office the Chairman, PG Council or from the Office of the Heads of the Department. Then filled it up, attach the following documents and send it so as to reach at the respective Heads of the Department, Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar-751 004.
An application fee of Rs.600 (Rupees six hundred), Rs.1000 (Rupees one thousand), Rs.1500 (Rupees one thousand five hundred) only for PG Programme work respectively in the form of DD / BC in favour of Administrative Office, P. G. Teaching Departments, Utkal
PG Programme Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
For more details please contact
Leave your comments for Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar announces PG Programme Admissions 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on