Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
Uttar Pradesh Common Admision Test acronym as UPCAT is conducted by Association of Private Medical & Dental Colleges of U. P. as All India Common Admission Test “UPCAT-DENTAL” for admission to Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.) courses in private Dental Colleges of U.P.' UPCMET is conducted for admission to MBBS in private Medical Colleges across the state.
|Sale of Prospectus & Application Form||First week of February 2017|
|Last date of submission of form||Last week of April 2017|
|Date of Examination||Third week of May 2017 (2 PM- 5PM)|
|Declaration of Results||Third week of June 2017|
|Counselling||Will be displayed on website of association in the 1st week of July, 2017|
Admission to the Dental Course-Eligibility Criteria:
- No candidate shall be allowed to be admitted to the Dental Curriculum of first Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Course until:
1. He / She shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the BDS course:
2. He / She has passed qualifying examination as under:
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 higher secondary examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two year of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination and in addition must have come in the merit list prepared as a result of such competitive by securing not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together in the competitive examination.
- In respect of candidates belonging to Schedule Casts, Schedule Tribes or any other categories notified by the Government the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together in qualifying examination & competitive entrance examination be 40% instead of 50% as stated above.
- Provided that a candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination the result of which has not been declared, he may be provisionally permitted to take up the competitive entrance examination and in case of selection for admission to the BDS course, he shall not be admitted to that course until he fulfils the eligibility criteria as per above regulations.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) course is a 5 year course which is run under the aegis of Dental Council of India which was constituted on 12th April 1949 under an Act of Parliament - the Dentists Act, 1948 (XVI of 1948). The Dental Council of India runs under the aegis of Department of Health, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
- A candidate seeking registration to the Uttar Pradesh Common Admission Test ‐ DENTAL (UPCAT DENTAL) is required to send his / her application on the prescribed application form only, appended in this information brochure.
- The application form (examination fee) for entrance examination and admission in B.D.S. Course for the Academic Year 2017‐18 will be made available from member colleges.
The application form can be obtained either in person by paying cash of Rs. 1500/‐ (Rs. One Thousand Five Hundred Only) or by post by sending a crossed bank draft of Rs. 1600/‐ (Rs. One Thousand Six Hundred Only) drawn in favour of “The Association of Private Medical & Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh” payable at Bareilly and requisition for the required application shall be addressed to the Co‐ordinator UPCAT‐ Dental 2017, Keshlata Hospital, Delapeer, Bareilly (U.P.) Pin 243 122.
- Before filling the application form the candidate must familiarize himself / herself with the information given in this brochure and shall satisfy his / her eligibility to appear in the examination.
- Candidates shall fill the OMR application form in his / her own handwriting in block letters written neatly and legibly with ball pen within the prescribe boxes only and darken the corresponding oval.
- Overwriting, cuttings, erasings in the application forms may lead to rejection of the form and should be avoided. Any error arising on this account shall be the responsibility of the candidate. (It is advisable to first fill in a photocopy of the form and then fill in the main document).
Candidate should write his / her complete address in the application form for further correspondence. Pin code should be given in the space provided for pin code.
- No application form will be received in person. However it can also be sent by Speed Post or Courier to : Co‐ordinator, UPCAT‐DENTAL 2017, Keshlata Hospital, Delapeer, Bareilly (U.P.) 243122.
- Candidate should write his / her name in Capital letters as given in High school certificate of Board / University. Each letter should be filled in one box. One box should be left blank between each part of the name.
- Incomplete application forms or forms having overwriting will be rejected.
- Request for change in any particulars in the application form shall not be entertained under any circumstance.
- The candidate must retain this booklet after sending application form for future reference. Furnishing of false information or suppression of any information would disqualify the candidate from UPCAT‐DENTAL and cancellation of admission if already admitted
Cost of Application Form (Examination Fee)
For Indian Resident: Rs.1500/- by Cash and Rs. 1600/- by demand draft.
For NRI/PIOcandidates:US$ 50
The forms shall be issued in person against cash payment or by Demand Draft in favour of “Association of Pvt. Medical and Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh” payable at “Bareilly” only.
In general tuition fee varies between Rs. 2,50,000/‐ to Rs. 3,75,000/‐ per year. It does not include fooding / lodging and caution money. Students are advised to contact colleges directly for their fee structure.
UPCAT DENTAL (2017) test will be conducted at 11 cities. Candidates have to select the city for the test from the list given below and accordingly fill the first and second preference for the test centre city. You have to write the three‐digit Test Centre City Code on the OMR Application Form at item no 13 for both the preferences of the test centre city. Shade the corresponding oval below each digit.
|Test Centre City Code||Test Centre City Name|
- All candidates should appear for the Uttar Pradesh Common Admission Test (UPCAT-DENTAL).
- The entrance examination will comprise of an objective type examination of 180 minutes duration containing 200 questions of 200 marks.
- There will be 50 questions each for Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany.
- The syllabus for entrance examination will be as per the 10 + 2 examination (ICSE/CBSE/U.P. Board or equivalent).
- The question paper will be given in English only.
- The candidate is required to answer 200 MCQs in 3 hours. Each question shall carry equal marks.
All questions will be objective type with Multiple (1, 2, 3, 4) choice of which, only one will be the appropriate response and therefore the correct choice. Each correct answer will be awarded one mark. Zero marks shall be given to no response. There will be no negative marking for incorrect answer or more than one choice indicated against a question.
On the basis of information in the OMR Application Form, admit card of provisionally eligible candidates will be uploaded on the website www.upcatdental.net. You are required to download the admit card from the website www.upcatdental.net. No admit card will be sent by post.
Kindly save your Application Form Number to download admit card. The additional copy of the photograph retained should be affixed on the downloaded admit card and attested for producing at the test centre.
- Babu Banarasi Das College of Dental Sciences, Lucknow
- Career Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Lucknow
- Chandra Dental College & Hospital, Barabanki
- D.J. College of Dental Science & Research, Modi Nagar
- Dental College Azamgarh
- I.T.S Dental College Hospital and Research Centre, Greater Noida
- Inderprastha Dental College & Hospital, Ghaziabad
- Institute of Dental Science, Bareilly
- Institute of Dental Studies & Technologies, Modi Nagar
- ITS Centre for Dental Studies & Research, Ghaziabad
- Kalka Dental College, Meerut
- Kanti Devi Dental College & Hospital, Mathura
- Kothiwal Dental College & Research Centre, Moradabad
- Purvanchal Institute of Dental Sciences
- Rama Dental College Hospital & Research Centre, Kanpur
- Saraswati Dental College, Lucknow
- Sardar Patel Institute of Dental & Medical Science, Lucknow
- Sharda University,School of Dental Sciences, Greater Noida
- Shree Bankey Bihari Dental College & Research Cent, Ghaziabad
- Subharti Dental College, Meerut
- Teerthanker Mahaveer Dental College and Research Center, Muradabad
All communications should be addressed only to The Co‐ordinator of UPCAT‐DENTAL, Association of
Private Medical & Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh,
Bareilly 243122 (U.P.)
Phones : 0581‐2303344, 2300647.
Fax : 0581‐2303345