University of North Bengal, Siliguri invites applications for admissions to PG Diploma in Tea Management for the academic year 2016- 17.
PG Diploma in Tea Management is conducted by the University of North Bengal, Siliguri.
PG Diploma in Tea Management Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
|Date of Advertisement||04.07.2016|
|Date of issue of Admision forms||04,07.2016 to 03.08.2016|
|Last date of receiving forms||03.08.2016|
|Date of written test and Oral test||22.08.2016|
|Date of Admission ( 1st list)||22.08.2017 and 23.08.2016|
|Date of publication of 2nd List||24.08.2016|
|Date of Admission on the basis of 2nd list||24.08.2016 & 26.08.2016|
|Date of commencement of class||05.09.2016|
PG Diploma in Tea Management
The course is of one-year duration. It will commence by the 1st week of September 2016.
Total number of seats is 48 (forty eight )
- Indian students: 39( General 19;
- Reserved for SC Category 22% - 9;
- Reserved for ST Category 6% - 2
- Reserved for BPL / Antyodaya Category 3% - 1
- Reserved for Physically challenged Category 3% - 1
- Reserved for OBC-A 10% - 4
- Reserved for OBC – B 7% - 3
- Reserved for students of other SAARC countries – 2
- Reserve for Foreign students other than SAARC countries – 5.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Any Graduate of the University of North Bengal or any other recognized University in any discipline including Agriculture is eligible to apply.
- For admission, preference will be given to candidates up to 25 years of age as on June 1 of the year.
Application form can be downloaded from official website of University of North Bengal, Siliguri: Click here to download application form
- Schedule for admission procedure has been mentioned in the Application Form.
- List of the candidates for admission test, viva-voce and admission will be displayed on the notice board of the Registrar as well as the office of the Department of Tea Science. It is for the candidates to see the notice board in time.
- The University will not take responsibility for any postal delay or non-receipt of a letter by any candidate.
Course Fee (Non-Refundable)
|Indian Candidate||Rs. 40,000/-|
|Candidate from other SAARC countries||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Candidate from foreign countries other than SAARC countries||Rs. 80,000/-|
Above course fees is payable in two equal installments, the first at the time of admission and the second at the time of commencement of the Second Semester.
- Selection will be made on the basis of a written examination comprising questions on English, general knowledge, current affairs and general aptitude, followed by an interview (for those who qualify in the former).
|Paper I||Botany of Tea & Tea Nursery – 100 marks|
|Paper II||Agronomy of Tea – 100 marks|
|Paper III||Soil & Water Management – 100 marks|
|Paper IV||Pest Management – 100 marks|
|Paper V||Practical – 100 marks|
|Paper VI||General Aspect of Tea – 100 marks|
|Paper VII||Biochemistry and Tea Manufacture – 100 marks|
|Paper VIII||Labour Laws & Management – 100 marks|
|Paper IX||Tea Economics – 50 marks|
|Paper X||Computer Application – 50 marks|
|Paper XI||Practical – 50 marks|
|Paper XII||Dissertation – 50 marks|
For more details please contact
P.O. North Bengal University
Dist. Darjeeling, W.B., India
PIN – 734013
Leave your comments for University of North Bengal, Siliguri announces PG Diploma in Tea Management Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on