The university of Calcutta invites applications for admissions to Ph.D. in Microbiology for the academic year 2016 - 17.
Ph.D. in Microbiology is conducted by the University of Calcutta.
Applications are invited in the prescribed proforma from candidates intending to enrol in the Ph.D. programme in Microbiology, University of Calcutta. The selection procedure will adhere to the following schedule/ criteria. All subsequent notifications related to this programme will be made in the notice board of the Department of Microbiology, University of Calcutta, 35 Ballygunge Circular Road (6th floor), Kolkata – 700019
[Reservation of seats as per the West Bengal Higher Education Institutions (Reservation in admission) rules, 2013].
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
=> M.Sc./B.Tech. in biological sciences from a UGC recognized university.
Candidates are advised to refer to official notifications /documents for detailed application procedure. IndCareer.com published details for informational purpose.
=> Application Form is available with this notice and can be downloaded in the pdf format.
=> The form filled-in by the candidate in his own handwriting, accompanied by self-attested copies of M.Sc./B.Tech. and NET/SET/SLET/GATE/M.Phil./SC/ST/OBC certificates (if applicable), will have to be submitted at the departmental office on or before the last date between 11AM-3PM only after paying the prescribed fee of Rs. 100 (Rupees one hundred only) at the university cash counter.
=> The payment challan has to be endorsed by the departmental office before submission at the cash counter (11AM-1PM).
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of University of Calcutta: Click here to download application form
1. Xerox copy of the filled in application form along with this original form.
2. Two Xerox copies (attested) of Master Degree Mark sheet/ Certificate.
3. Two Xerox copies (attested) of Calcutta University registration certificate.
4. Six copies of Synopsis duly countersigned by the Supervisor with Seal.
5. No objection certificate from the employer in original along with a Xerox copy of the same, in the case of employed applicant.
6. Two photographs (Passport size), one to be affixed on this form with the Supervisor’s signature & seal and one without signature & seal to be attached (for use in the Ph.D. registration letter) with this form.
7. Two attested copies of ‘ probationary Ph.D. student` enrolment certificate for the Ph.D. programme issued by the concerned University department. Not meant for sister Institute candidate.
8. The equivalence certificate issued by the University of Calcutta for qualifying degree obtained by the students from other Universities.
9. In the case of change of subject the endorsement of concerned Ph.D. committee is required (Vide 3.3 & 4.9 of the new Ph.D. regulation). Meant for Sister Institute candidates only.
10. Xerox copy of the relevant certificate for SC/ST/OBC/PC
For detailed information regarding the application procedure, applications, eligibility and other related information, candidates should refer the official notification. Please visit http://www.caluniv.ac.in/ for further reference.
Application fee is Rs.100/-
Ph.D. in Microbiology Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
For more details please contact
87 /1 College Street,
Phone : 033 2241 0071
Leave your comments for University of Calcutta invites applications for PhD Microbiology Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on