Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test(ULSAT) is conducted by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES). The competitive entrance test is conducted to grant admission to most deserving candidates in Bachelor of Laws (B.A.LLB) and LLB in Corporate Laws, Cyber Laws and Intellectual Property Rights. The students, who have passed or presently appearing in their final year of certificate and degree examination, can also apply to appear in entrance test. Selected applicants have to attend the group discussion and personal interview, for final selection of the candidates.
Candidates can get the full details of UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test(UL SAT) Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
The UPES Legal Studies Aptitude Test or ULSAT is an online test with no pen paper version. Unique Feature of the test - the aspirant can take the test from any convenient location be it their home or a cyber cafe. The student will need to use a computer connected with a webcam and an internet connection to take the test The test will be centrally proctored from the University Control Room through a webcam to ensure the integrity of the test process is not compromised.
|Exam Name:||UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Institute:||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun|
|Commonly called as:||ULSAT|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Stream:||Law Studies Aptitude Test|
1st Week Of November 2016
1st Week Of November 2016- 1st Week Of May 2017
Test Slot Booking
Third week of April 2017
2nd Week Of May 2017
2nd Week Of May 2017
Last week of May 2017
Group Discussion and Interview
Second week of June 2017
Last week of June 2017*
For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/ B.Com, LLB (Hons)
- Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLAT ranking upto 5000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
For B. Tech LLB (Hons.)
- Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th), minimum 50% Marks in PCM at Senior Secondary Level (12th) and CLAT ranking upto 5000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES-EAT and admissions through Merit Ranking.
For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons)
- Candidates with 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
For B.Tech LLB (Hons.)
- Candidates with minimum 70% marks in 10th, 12th and 12th PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Maths) are exempted from UPES-EAT and admissions will be through Merit Ranking.
- Only candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1995 are eligible to apply for admission. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate only will be taken as authentic.
|Application Fee||Rs. 1750|
- Apply to a UPES LLB Program by completing the application form online or by filling a physical form (Physical forms are available in our enrolment offices across India.)
- After the completed application is received by UPES, an email will be sent to applicants with instructions to book the test slot.
- Candidates who have applied early can start booking their slots on the UPES website starting April 2017.
- A Demo Test Link will be sent to applicants within 24 hours of booking the test slot.
- The demo link will allow the applicants to ensure that they have the necessary hardware and software to run the test as well as give them a feel of the actual exam.
|City Name||Test City Code|
|Sections||No.of Questions||Test Duration|
|Language Comprehension||30||2 Hours|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||30|
|Legal General Knowledge||30|
|Total no. of Questions||150|
Language Comprehension - The questions will be asked from different unseen comprehension passages from the textbooks of class 12.
Quantitative and Numerical Ability- This section will include questions of general mathematics till class 12 level.
Logical Reasoning - The section has been created to test your logical capability and will have questions pertaining to general reasoning.
Legal General Knowledge - This section will test your knowledge about general legal terms and proceedings. A number of questions might be asked from the Indian Constitution and Courts of India.
Legal Aptitude - In this section candidates will be judged over their ability to grasp legal situations and capability to solve them. There shall be questions based on legal proportions and situations of which the candidate will have to choose the true proposition.
On the basis of information in the Application form, admit card of provisionally eligible candidates will be uploaded on the University website www.upes.ac.in. Candidates are required to download the admit card
accordingly. The duly completed downloaded admit card with photograph affixed (duly attested) in the space
provided will have to be produced at the allotted test center. Candidates without the admit card or card without the photograph will NOT be permitted to take the test.
The Result of ULSAT 2017 will be declared in the last week of May in online mode. You can check ULSAT 2017 Result by entering your ULSAT 2017 credentials through the official link provided here.
Those who shall be qualifying as per ULSAT 2017 Result and cutoff scores will be further called in for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. After the GD and PI, a final selection list/rank list of ULSAT 2017 will be issued.
P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar
Phone: 0135 2776201,2776061,2776053,6054, 2776095, 2102691
Email: [email protected]