Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay under the guidance of the UCEED Admissions Committee. UCEED is open to all nationals (Indian/Foreign). Candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree programme in Design (B. Des.) at IIT Bombay should appear in UCEED. UCEED qualified candidates will have to apply separately for admission as per the prescribed procedure. Admissions shall be made in order of merit in each category.
|Exam Name:||Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Commonly called as:||UCEED|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Conducting Institute:||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay|
|Online registration starts||3rd week of October 2016|
|Last Date for Online Registration||4th week of November 2016|
|UCEED 2017 Admit Card||4th week of December 2016|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card||Last week of December 2016|
|Date of Examination UCEED 2017||3rd week of January 2017|
|Release of UCEED 2017 Draft Answer Key||3rd week of January 2017|
|Last date for sending Comments about Draft Answer Key||4th week of January 2017|
|Declaration of UCEED 2017 Results||Last week of February 2017|
|Start date for Score Card downloading||1st week of March 2017|
|Application for B. Des. programme||2nd to 4th week of June 2017|
|1st admission list||1st week of July 2017|
|2nd admission list||2nd week of July 2017|
- The candidate should have a complete 18th year.
- A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. However, UCEED being the first UCEED examination, it will be the first attempt for all candidates.
- The candidate should have passed their Class XII (or equivalent) examination.
- Those who appeared for the first time in their Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2013 or earlier are NOT eligible.
- If a Board awards only letter grades without providing information on the passing grade on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the passing grade and submit it at the time of online acceptance of the allocated seat. In case such a certificate is not provided, the decision taken by the B. Des. Admissions Committee will be final.
Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules of the Government of India. The categories and the extent of reservation are as follows:
- Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) – 27% of seats in the course. The backwards class should be in the central list of OBCs (http://www.ncbc.nic.in) as of June 1, 2014.
- Candidates belonging to the creamy layer of OBC are NOT entitled to reservation. Such candidates are treated as belonging to the general (GEN) (i.e., unreserved) category.
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15% of seats in the course.
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) – 7.5% of seats in the course.
- The benefit of reservation will be given only to those castes and tribes that are mentioned in the respective central list of corresponding states published by the Government of India.
- Persons with Disability (PwD) – 3% of seats from the parent category in the course.
- Candidates belonging to the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories will be declared as qualified on the basis of a relaxed criterion
- The 3% reservation for PwD candidates.
- Foreign nationals are outside the ambit of reservation of seats under the OBCNCL, SC, ST and PwD categories as specified herein
• The following table shows the summary of seat distribution of admissions to academic year 2017
|Category||% Allotment||No. of Seats|
|OBC-NCL||27%||7 + 1 (PwD)|
The following THREE-step procedure is necessary for the successful completion of the ONLINE Application. For details, visit the UCEED website,
- All the candidates must first REGISTER online before proceeding to fill the application form. You may do this by clicking the Apply Online link on the UCEED website.
- In the ONLINE application web page, enter your personal details.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to make sure that he/she is eligible for UCEED 2017. Application Fee will not be refunded even if the application is rejected.
- If a candidate makes multiple payments for the same application, a refund will be made only after 15 Mar 2017.
- When you click Pay FEE & Submit button, you will be redirected to the payment gateway for UCEED application fee payment.
- Applicants can make the fee payment using Internet banking, Credit card or Debit card through the payment gateway.
- Once your payment is successfully completed, you will get a confirmation page. Keep a copy of this. This is only for your reference. Do not send this to the UCEED office.
- You can Save the application form any time before Clicking Pay FEE & Submit button, to logout, and to login back again and continue the application process.
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of IIT Bombay: www.uceed.in.
|Gen/OBC/OBC-NCL||₹ 2000||₹ 1000||₹ 2000|
|SC/ST/PwD||₹ 1000||₹ 1000||₹ 1000|
• There will be ONE question paper for 3 hours duration.
• The question paper will be in English.
• The question paper will be administered through a computer based test.
• The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
• The question paper will contain a total of 80 questions distributed among the 6 topics provided in the syllabus.
• The question paper will consist of 3 sections.
• All 3 sections have NEGATIVE marking.
For NAT questions, an answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard in the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions. Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and each wrong answer will be awarded –1 mark. Questions not attempted will be given zero marks.
Each MSQ has one or more choice(s) as the correct answer out of the four given choices. An answer is considered correct only if ALL the correct choices and NO wrong choices are selected. Each correct answer will be awarded 5 marks and each wrong answer will be awarded –0.5 marks. There are NO PARTIAL marks. Questions not attempted will be given zero marks.
Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer. Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks and each wrong answer will be awarded –1 mark. Questions not attempted will be given zero marks.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
Results will be declared on Last week of February 2017.
UCEED results will be available on the website. Candidates need to use their Registration ID and password (created during registration) for viewing the results on the web page.
UCEED qualified students will be able to download their score cards from First week of March 2017.
A hard copy of the UCEED scorecard will not be available and hence will not be sent to the qualified candidates.
Obtaining a rank in UCEED 2017 does not guarantee admission to the B. Des. programme.
Rank lists will be prepared based on the total marks in UCEED 2017.
There will be no separate category-wise rank lists. However, cut-off marks for each category will be mentioned in the rank list.
If the total marks scored by two or more candidates are same, then the following tie-break policy will be used for awarding ranks:
i. A Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Section B.
ii. If this does not break the tie, the higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Section A.
iii. If there is a tie even after this, candidates will be assigned the same rank.
Only candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each Section of the question paper and minimum total marks will be included in the rank list. The minimum prescribed marks vary with the category. These are as shown in the following table.
|Category||Minimum % of marks in each Section||Minimum Total Marks|
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
(Mon to Fri 09:30 to 17:30)
Fax: +91-22 2572-3706
E-mail: [email protected]
UCEED Discussions is a place to ask admissions related questions, and doubts. It is a great place to connect with fellow students who may also be preparing as you or just check discussions from past candidates.