The Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TSICET) is conducted for admission into M.B.A. and M.C.A. courses of all the Universities in Telangana State and their affiliated colleges. This test is being conducted by Kakatiya University, Warangal on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad.
Below is the complete TSICET syllabus. The candidates should go through them in details. The students are also advised to check the past year question papers of TSICET before the exams.
Section-A: Analytical Ability: 75Q (75 Marks)
1. Data Sufficiency: 20Q (20 Marks)
A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labeled as i and ii. If the data given in i alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice
- is the correct answer. If the data given in ii alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice
- is the correct answer. If both i and ii put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement alone is sufficient, then
- is the correct answer. If both i and ii put together are not sufficient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice
- is the correct answer.
2. Problem Solving 55Q (55 Marks)
a) Sequences and Series 25Q (25 Marks)
Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
b) Data Analysis 10Q (10 Marks)
The data given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered.
c) Coding and Decoding Problems 10Q (10 Marks)
A code pattern of English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
d) Date, Time & Arrangement Problems 10Q (10 Marks)
Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
Section -B: Mathematical Ability 75Q (75 Marks)
I. Arithmetical Ability 35Q (35 Marks)
Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
II. Algebraical and Geometrical Ability 30Q (30 Marks)
Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications - Equation of a line in different forms. Trigonometry - Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric
identities: sample problems on heights and distances, Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and expressions; Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative; Plane geometry - lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate
geometry-distance between points.
III. Statistical Ability: 10Q (10 Marks)
Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviations, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
Section-C: Communication Ability: 50Q (50 Marks)
Objectives of the Test
Candidates will be assessed on the ability to
- identify vocabulary used in the day-to-day communication.
- understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in the business contexts.
- identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
- understand written text and drawing inferences.
Part 1. Vocabulary 10Q (10M)
Part 2. Business and Computer terminology 10Q (10M)
Part 3. Functional Grammar 15Q (15M)
Part 4. Reading Comprehension (3 Passages) 15Q (15M)