Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
Tolani Maritime Institute is one of the largest maritime educational centres offering Marine Engineering and Nautical Technology degree programs. TMI graduates are awarded B.Tech. Marine Engineering and B.Tech. Nautical Technology degrees by the well established Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani, a deemed university widely recognised as one of India’s pre-eminent centres for technology education. Candidates can check the complete details of TMISAT 2016 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Candidates can get the full details of TMISAT Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates, Cut off marks, Counselling and much more on this post.
TMISAT 2017 is an online entrance exam conducted by Tolani Maritime Institute. Candidates can fill their application form online from the official website of Tolani Maritime Institute www.tolani.edu. The online test and interview will be conducted in the first / second week of May 2017 at Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Ranchi and Jaipur. Candidates will be shortlisted based on marks in PCM, online test and interview. The selection is also subject to medical fitness a per DGS norms.
|Exam Name:||Tolani Maritime Institute of Science Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Institute:||Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI)|
|Commonly called as:||TMISAT|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Stream:||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Last date for submission Application forms for TIMSAT at National Centres||4th week of April 2017|
|Last date for submission Application forms for TIMSAT at Induri||1st week of May 2017|
|TMISAT at National centres||1st & 2nd week of May 2016|
|TMISAT at Induri (Tentative)||2nd week of Jun 2017|
|Declaration of Merit List||3rd week of Jun 2017|
|Course commences||1st week Aug 2017|
B.Tech. Marine Engineering
B.Tech. Nautical Technology
- Candidates, who are desirous to get admission in undergraduate engineering courses, must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board. Minimum aggregate Score of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Maths is a must. Also, a minimum score of 50% is required in English either in 10th standard or 12th standard.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible to apply for TMISAT 2017, who are less than 21 years on September 1 of the admission year. There is a relaxation of two years for the female candidates.
The Course fees have to be paid semester wise in February / August each year. No cash is accepted.
Candidates can fill their application for B.Tech Marine Engineering and B.Tech Nautical Engineering at Tolani Maritime Institute on before the last date of application from the official website www.tolani.edu. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling application form.
Online through this website
Step I : Fill the application form on this website.
Step II : Pay the non-refundable application and online test fees through the website using credit / debit card / internet banking OR by a Demand Draft / Pay Order for Rs. 1000/- in favour of “Tolani Maritime Institute”, payable at Pune.
Step III : Print duly filled application form and the summary generated. Send the same along with the transaction receipt, if paid online, OR Demand Draft/Pay Order to TMI.
Candidates are required to submit following
- Printed copy of the application form and the summary generated after an application is made through this website
- Two identical recent passport size photographs with name & form no. written on the back.
- Copies of certificates and / or mark sheets of your 10th and 12th examinations (or its equivalent) attested by Govt. gazetted officers.
- Applicants who have not received 12th mark sheet may submit a bonafide certificate from the head of the school or college where they appeared for these exams
- Attested Copy of Birth Certificate (for proof of age and place of Birth).
- Downloaded copies of class XII mark sheet (on receipt) from the internet attested by school Principal
- Copies of certificates for sports and any other extracurricular activities, if available (from Std. VIII and above only).
- Online transaction receipt, if paid online, or Demand Draft payable at Pune for Rs. 1000/- favouring Tolani Maritime Institute.
The test will be online and comprises of objective type questions with multiple choice answers.
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
Sections in the exam /
Questions asked on
|English grammar, vocabulary|
|Logical & Analytic reasoning|
|Total number of questions||100|
There is a section with negative marking in Physics and Maths. In other subjects, there is no negative marking. Detailed briefing is given at the centre before start of the test.
A successful career as a merchant mariner requires more than just a strong academic foundation. Other characteristics that are necessary include:
- Communication skills
- Temperamental suitability for a sea career
- Leadership qualities
- Physical fitness
- Aptitude for scientific concepts
Tolani Maritime Institute’s selection process will test candidates on each of the above parameters by taking into account a candidate’s 10+2 PCM marks, the result of the TMI online entrance exam, performance in an interview and satisfactory medical tests.
Admit card download from university website.
The candidate should also download hall ticket from University official website.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
The result of Tolani Maritime Institute Aptitude Test (TMISAT) can be viewed online by the candidates who have appeared for the exam. Personal interviews will also be conducted at the test centres on the day of Online Test either before or after the test. The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website after publication of results.
For more details please contact
Tolani Maritime Institute
Talegaon - Chakan Road
Pune - 410 507
Telephone: + 91 (2114) 242000
Fax: + 91 (2114) 241517