Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The Tripura joint Entrance Examinations (TJEE) Board was formed for Admission to Engineering Degree Colleges, Medical Colleges, and other professional degree courses.Born out of a concept of holding a common admission test for the Engineering colleges and Medical Colleges. The basic purpose was to select candidates for consideration for admission to the Colleges on the basis of the results of a single competitive examination, which would also lead to saving of time, energy and expenditure on the part of the candidates in appearing at number of entrance tests. The Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination (TBJEE) was set up by Higher Education Department by framing the Examination Regulation Part - I Of Tripura Board Of Joint Entrance Examination. This Examination Regulation has been amended from time to time by the Government. The Board, an organization of Directorate of Higher Education, is constituted by the Government of Tripura every year.
The Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination conducts the Joint Entrance Examination at nine centres / venues of Agartala, Udaipur, Kailashahar and Dharmanagar for admission of students in Engineering, Medical, Technological and other professional degree courses against seats reserved for the state of Tripura and also the seats of different State Institutions. The Board is conducting the examination through Optical Marks Recognition /Reading (OMR) system in place of the conventional mode of examination. However the pattarn of questions will continue to be Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
|Distribution of Application Form||Last Week of December 2016|
|Submission of Application Form||Last Week of January 2017|
|Despatch of Admit Card||2nd Week of March, 2017|
|Date of Examination||Last week of April, 2017|
|Date of Uploading of Answer key||Last week of April, 2017|
|Last date of receiving feedback||1st week of May, 2017|
|Tentative date of result publication||1st week of June, 2017|
|Tentative period of counseling||June – July, 2017|
(a) Candidate must be a citizen of India.
(b) Candidate must be a permanent resident of Tripura and either the candidate or his/her parent must have been residing in the state of Tripura continuously for not less than 10 (ten) years immediately prior to the date of making application for appearing at the Joint Entrance Examination, 2015. Permanent Resident of Tripura Certificate of parent (s) of the candidate who has been studying / studied outside of Tripura must be submitted.
(c) Candidate must have passed / appeared / due to appear in the year of Joint Entrance Examination at the Higher Secondary Examination of Tripura Board of Secondary Education / Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent examination with the subjects in which he / she desires to appear at the Joint Entrance Examination.
(d) Children of All India Services Officers borne in Manipur-Tripura cadre and the children of the employees of State Government posted outside of Tripura will be eligible to appear at the examination irrespective of their prior stay in Tripura.
(e) In case of Ward of Ex-Serviceman, either the candidate or his/her parents must have been staying in Tripura continuously for not less than 5 (five) years immediately prior to the date of making application for appearing at the Joint Entrance Examination and the candidate must have passed or appeared / due to appear at the H.S.(+ 2) Examination or equivalent in the year Joint Entrance Examination from any institution of Tripura with subjects in which he/she desires to appear at the Joint Entrance Examination. Children of serving defence personnel (Army / Navy / Air Force) hailing from Tripura are also eligible to appear at the Tripura Joint Entrance Examination provided that their children should have stayed in Tripura continuously for not less than 5 (five) years immediately prior to the date of making application for appearing at the Joint Entrance Examination of Tripura and that the candidate must have passed or appeared / due to appear at the H.S. Examination or equivalent Examination in the year of Joint Entrance Examination from any institution of Tripura with subjects in which he / she desires to appear at the Joint Entrance Examination.
(f) If a candidate is allotted a seat in the past inside or outside the State on the basis of the result of Joint Entrance Examination he/she shall not be eligible to appear at the Joint Entrance Examination this year or subsequent year unless he/she surrendered the allotted seat in writing within specific time to the appropriate authority. However, if any amendment / change is / are made after issue of this Notification, the same shall be notified as per procedure.
- The Application Form & Prospectus can be obtained by postal request from the office of the TRIPURA BOARD OF JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION by sending Postal Order of Rs. 90/- (Rupees ninety only) per Form & Prospectus in favour of the Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination, payable at Agartala Head Post Office. All postal requests must be accompanied by a self addressed envolope of 30 cm x 13 cm size and a postage stamp of Rs. 5/- affixed on it.
The Application Form & Prospectus may also be collected from the following Centers:
01. Govt. Degree College, Dharmanagar
02. R.K. Mahavidyalaya, Kailashahar
03. DD Memorial College, Khowai
04. Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar College, Belonia
05. N.S. Mahavidyalaya, Udaipur
- Duly filled in Application Form alongwith all enclosures and Challan form (Board's p art) marked by the State Bank of India must be submitted to the of fice of the Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination, Old Secretariat Complex, Finance building, Agartala on before last date to the office of the TBJEE.
- However, receiving & submission time for the date will be extended upto 5.00 PM. Applicants must enclose the printed envelope supplied with application form after writting his/her postal address and affixing postal stamp of rupees five (Rs.5/-) on the specified space on it for despatching Admit Card failingwhich the Admit Card may not be despatched or posted. Deposition of fees through challan should be made during
the period positively through any branch of SBI. No application other than the aforesaid period shall be entertained by the Board.
The examination fees for different categories of candidates are as shown in the table below :
|Category||Examination fees (Rupees)|
|UR||350/-(Rupees three hundred and fifty)|
|SC & ST||300/-(Rupees three hundred)|
|BPL UR||250/-(Rupees two hundred and fifty)|
|BPL SC & ST||200/-(Rupees two hundred)|
- Candidates have to deposit their Examination fees through challan from any Branch of State Bank of India.
- Candidates have to deposit Bank’s commission alongwith exact amount of Examination Fees in any Branch of State Bank of India, except the Agartala (Melarmath) Branch.
- In case fees through Challan (supplied along with Form) are deposited in Agartala (Melarmath) Branch there is no need to give exchange fees / commission /service charge etc.
Candidates willing to appear in Tripura Joint Entrance Examination have to attempt questions of four different subjects, such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Each of the subjects of Examination will be of 100 marks. Candidates are advised to thoroughly go through the information regarding question pattern and mode of examination.
Candidates seeking admission to Engineering / Technological Degree Courses (Group - A) will have to appear in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and those seeking admission to Medical / Agricultural / Veterinary / Fishery and other such courses, (Group-B) will have to appear in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Those who desiring to take chances in both of the above groups will have to appear in all the four subjects (Group-C).
- Four different subjects, namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology will have four different Question Papers/Test Booklets.
- Full marks for each question paper of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology will be 100 marks.
- Duration of Examination of each paper will be 2 hours.
- The questions of the examination will be framed on the basis of the Syllabi of Tripura Joint Entrance Examination which is in force w.e.f. 2016.
- The syllabus for each subject is divided into 10 Modules. A Module carries 10 marks.
- Question paper for each subject will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- There will be 50 (fifty) compulsory MCQs, taking 5 (five) questions from each Module for each subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- Each question will carry 2 (two) marks. Total marks for a question paper will be 100 (50 x 2) for each subject.
- Each question will have four options (i.e. A,B,C,D) out of which the correct option (A/B/C/D) is only to be selected.
- After selecting the correct answer the candidate will have to mark the corresponding letter (i.e. A/B/C/D) in appropriate space provided in OMR Answer Sheet with blue or black ball point pen.
- No mark will be deducted for wrong answer
- Each subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology will have a Text Booklet/Question paper containing 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Every question paper has a particular Series (A/B/C) mentioned on the front page which the candidate must carefully write at the appropriate place on the OMR Answer Sheet and also in the Attendance Sheet.
- If the appropriate series is not mentioned in OMR Sheet, the machine will not be able to recognize the correct answer. In that case error may arise in evaluation of OMR Sheet.
- During the examination the candidate will be provided with a Question Paper/Test Booklet and an OMR Sheet for answer. First he / she will have to fill up the useful information on the OMR sheet like, Enrolment Number, Test Booklet Series, and name of Subject. Please note that if these information are not provided on the OMR sheet or the sheet contains error, the computer will not be able to recognize the answer.
|Subject||No of Question|
TJEE Medical 2017 Admit Card- Admit Card of TJEE Medical 2017 has been dispatched to the student’s physical address by the third week of March. It must be noted that admit card will be based on the information provided by the candidate on TJEE Medical 2017 application form. Candidates with an invalid TJEE Medical 2017 admit card or without a admit card will not be allowed to appear in the Joint Entrance Exam.
The Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination publishes its examination result usually in the first week of June every year. The Board shall publish Merit list on the basis of the merit. This list includes the candidates who will qualify in the examination as per criteria fixed by the Board on consideration of all the aspects. It will be published through various media including Board’s website. The Board does not keep any provision for post publication review at any stage and so will not entertain any such application in this regard.
The Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the subjects, Physics (P), Chemistry (C), Mathematics (M), Biology (B) as per his/ her option. For example, for a candidate, who opted for PCM grpup, Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics will be considered; while for PCB group, Physics, Chemistry & Biology will be judged. In case of tie following successive steps will be adopted as per norms:
|Step||PCM GROUP||PCB GROUP|
|Step-1 (If tie occurs, then)||P+C+M||P+C+B|
|Step-2 (If further tie occurs, then)||P+M||C+B|
|Step-3 (If further tie occurs, then finally)||M||B|
Here, DOB means the Date of Birth of a candidate. Senior will be given the preference in merit position as per norms.
Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination,
Old Secretariat Complex,
Agartala, PIN - 799 001.