Health and Family Welfare (ME) Department, Tamil Nadu invites applications for admissions to MBBS, BDS for the academic year 2016- 17.
MBBS, BDS admission is conducted by Health and Family Welfare (ME) Department, Tamil Nadu
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate should be a Citizen of India.
- Overseas Citizens of India who are registered under Section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955 (Central Act 57 of 1955) are eligible to apply for MBBS/BDS courses subject to the production of proof of such registration.
- Candidates who are native of Tamil Nadu but studied from VIII to XII Std either partly or completely in schools situated outside Tamil Nadu should produce the “Nativity Certificate”.
- The Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu should be issued by the competent authority only in the specified format available in the prospectus (annexure XIII b) and supported by a copy of Passport/ Ration Card / Birth Certificate. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application form will be rejected. Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
- Should have completed the age of Seventeen years on or before 31st December 2016. Evidence should be produced.
- Candidates should have passed in all the subjects of the qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (Academic) conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board /any other equivalent Board in one and the same attempt ( Single Sitting ) in the
following group of subjects with the minimum eligible marks.
(a) Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
(b) Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any other subject (or)
(a) Candidates who have passed the H.S.C in the Vocational Stream and private
(b) The selection and admission of candidates of other Universities / Boards will be candidates are not eligible to apply for Medical / Dental course. provisional subject to recognition of the qualifying examination by the Tamil Nadu
- Dr. M.G.R. Medical University under which the candidate gets admitted. In case, the recognition is not accorded for the admission of the candidate on any ground, the provisional admission will not entitle the candidate for the continuance of the course and the admission will be cancelled.
- Candidates undergoing MBBS course are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for MBBS course.
- Candidates undergoing BDS course are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for BDS course.
- Applications can be downloaded from the websites 1) tnhealth.org 2) tn.gov.in and the filled in application along with necessary enclosures and 3 self addressed envelopes measuring 24 x 12 cms and sent in a large sized cover measuring 38cm X 28cm super scribed ‘APPLICATION FOR MBBS / BDS COURSE 2016– 2017 SESSION’ to the Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai -10 before the last date along with a Demand Draft for 500 /- towards the cost of application form drawn in favour of The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10 and payable at Chennai. The
name of the candidate and the name of the course (MBBS/ BDS) should be written on the reverse of the Demand Draft. The template with requisite details available for download should be printed and pasted on the cover. SC/SCA and ST candidates who are Natives of Tamil Nadu are exempted from payment of the cost of the Application Form.
No document enclosed with the application will be returned. Candidates are required to
enclose only photocopies of the following certificates along with the original application.
a) H.S.C. Mark sheet (both sides of mark sheet should be photocopied) or any other equivalent examination of the first appearance.
(b) Transfer certificate obtained after the completion of H.S.C. or equivalent courses.
(c) Nativity certificate (if applicable)
(d) Permanent Community Certificate Card.
(e) X standard Mark Sheet.
(f) Certificate for proof of study from VIII standard to XII standard.
(g) H.S.C Hall Ticket
(h) First graduate certificate (if applicable). Certificate submitted along with application alone will be considered. If submitted later to the college authorities it will be summarily rejected (Annexure XVI- a & b)
(i) Special category form(s) with Demand Drafts and relevant certificates (if applicable).
For detailed information regarding application procedure, applications, eligibility and other related information, candidates should refer the official notification. Please visit www.tn.gov.in for further reference.
Application fee is 500/-.
MBBS, BDS Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
For more details please contact
Selection Committee Directorate Of Medical Education
162, Periyar E.V.R High Road,
Chennai – 600 010.
Phone No : 044-28361674
Leave your comments for Tamil Nadu Medical Admission MBBS BDS Notification & Exam Dates 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on