Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore invites applications for admissions to B.Sc B.Tech Programs for the academic year 2016- 17.
B.Sc B.Tech Programs admission is conducted by Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore.
At present, TNAU is offering the following 13 Undergraduate Degree Programs of four-year duration (eight semesters).
Agricultural Science Programs
1. B.Sc (Agriculture)
2. B.Sc (Horticulture)
3. B.Sc (Forestry)
4. B.Sc (Food Sciences & Nutrition)
5. B.Tech (Agricultural Engineering)
6. B.Sc (Sericulture)
Agricultural Technology Programs
7. B.Tech (Food Process Engineering)
8. B.Tech (Biotechnology)
9. B.Tech (Horticulture)
10. B.Tech (Energy and Environmental Engineering)
11. B.Tech (Bioinformatics)
12. B.S (Agribusiness Management)
13. B.Tech (Agricultural Information Technology)
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should have passed all the subjects in academic stream of the qualifying examination with 10+2 years of schooling under Board of Higher Secondary Education of Government of Tamil Nadu/ CBSE/ ICSE/other State Government Boards/other International Boards that are recognized are eligible to apply.
- No. of Attempts to Pass: The maximum number of permissible attempts to pass in the qualifying exam is as follows: (i) SC/ST-03 (ii) All other Communities-02.
- Age Limit: Candidates should not have completed the age of 21 years on the first day of July of the admission year (i.e. on 01st July 2016); however, for SC - Arunthathiars (SCA) and ST there is no age limit.
- Nativity: Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity only will be considered for admission; however, candidates who have studied X, XII Standards in Tamil Nadu will be considered for admission, on proof of having studied X, XI, XII Std. in Schools located at Tamil Nadu.
- Reservation: The reservation categories viz., A, B, C and D (as shown below) are mutually exclusive and a candidate can opt for only one reservation category though the candidate may be eligible under more than one category.
Application form can be downloaded from official website of TNAU, Coimbatore: www.tnau.ac.in
- Application Fee of Rs.600/- (Rs.300/- for SC/SCA/ST including Bank charge of Rs.25/-) should be paid to TNAU-Power Jyoti Account at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) by showing the printed challan copy at the bank counter.
- Enclose the TNAU copy of the SBI TNAU-Power Jyoti account Payment slip along with the filled in online application. Send the same with relevant enclosures to "The Dean (Agriculture) & Chairman, Admissions, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore-641003"
Note: Application to TNAU is mandatory for all candidatescandiates applying for TNAU counseling as well as applying for Management Quota in Private Agricultural/Horticultural Colleges affiliated to TNAU
Application Fee of Rs.600/- (Rs.300/- for SC/SCA/ST including Bank charge of Rs.25/-)
B.Sc B.Tech Programs Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
For more details please contact
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore
Agricultural Colleges and Research Institute,
Email: [email protected]
Leave your comments for Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore announces BSc BTech Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on