The University of Sydney Postdoctoral Research Fellowships is now available and encourages applications from any discipline or research area. A total of 10 fellowships will be awarded to Australian and Overseas students.
Australian and Overseas students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a PhD award dated no earlier than PhD award/conferred date is defined as the date on the testamur.
- Applicants must obtain the endorsement of a proposed supervisor before applying. Refer to ‘Preparing an application’ below.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants seeking to join the University from another organisation in Australia or from overseas. However, applicants currently employed at the University of Sydney or other affiliated institutions (including medical research institutes) who commenced such employment is eligible to apply.
- Applicants with a PhD awarded by the University of Sydney may only apply if they have held a paid position with another organisation subsequent to the award of their PhD.
How to Apply
- Download the relevant templates from the application link on the Fellowship page.
- Find a University of Sydney academic supervisor – A supervisor is a current University of Sydney academic who agrees to endorse your application and intends to act as your academic supervisor for the duration of your Fellowship. Please contact them directly for a brief written endorsement that indicates how you would be able to contribute to the relevant Faculty, centre or multidisciplinary initiative (see endorsement letter template).You do not need to contact the centre or initiative directors. Associate Deans of Research and Multidisciplinary Initiative Directors may also fill in the endorsement template, but must then name an academic supervisor for the candidate.
- Submit your application through our online system
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
- Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02),
- Darlington Campus