The University of Southampton, UK offers numerous scholarships under various departments for the international students. The departments of law, management, engineering & environment and psychology are offering scholarships to students of different amounts. These scholarships are meant for both bachelor’s and master’s programs although this may vary from department to department. The value of the scholarship varies between £1000 to £7000.
- At least 70% in Class XII from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) and Metro State Boards (Delhi, Maharashtra, Chennai, Kolkata and Karnataka);
- High grades in UK A levels;
- Between 28 and 38 points in the International Baccalaureate (IB).
In order to apply for scholarships in the postgraduate courses, students must have:
1. BA, BSc, BComm, LLB (when awarded by a Law College approved by the Indian Bar Council), B.ENg / B.Tech, M.Sc, M.A, M.Comm M.Tech, M.Eng, Ph.D from a recognised University or equivalent professional qualification with an overall qualification of at least 60%. However, the minimum overall percentage may vary depending on the departments. You will need to provide a subject credit certificate (transcript) plus graduation certificate;
2. Students interested in studying a Ph.D at the University of Southampton need good grades in their Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes awarded by a recognised Indian university as well as a strong research proposal.
How to Apply
The application for scholarships is usually done through an application form which may or may not be available online. Different departments have different criteria for application and all scholarship applications are subject to the specifics as directed by the concerned department.
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
University of Southampton
Southampton SO17 1BJ
Tel. +44 (0)23 8059 5000
Fax +44 (0)23 8059 3131