University of British Columbia Scholarships. UBC recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $10 million CAD annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for international undergraduate students.
International Major Entrance Scholarships
Each year, International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Students receive their scholarships when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. Scholarship value The scholarship totals up to $40,000 CAD, payable at up to $10,000 CAD per year for four years.
Application Deadline : 1st December 2016
To be considered for the IMES, you must
- Be a new student to UBC, entering directly from secondary school
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement, intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement
How to Apply
The application for the 2017/18 year opens in early September.
The last date for application is 1st December 2016
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link. http://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-international-students/
Outstanding International Student Award
The diversity that international students contribute to our community enriches it immeasurably. UBC recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $8 million Canadian annually to awards, scholarships and other forms of financial assistance for international undergraduate students. University of British Columbia, Canada invites applications for Outstanding International Student Award from international students planning to pursue an undergraduate programme at the university.
Eligibility Criteria for University of British Columbia Outstanding International Student Award:
* Applicant must be a new student to University of British Columbia.
* Applicant must be an international student who will be studying at University of British Columbia on a Canadian student visa.
How to apply
Candidates need not apply separately for the scholarship. All international candidates applying for an undergraduate programme at the University of British Columbia will be considered for the selection process of UBC Outstanding International Student Award.
* 10 December 2016: Deadline to submit nomination packages for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award and the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award for international students
* 15 January 2017: Application Deadline for Summer Session (May to August)
* 03 February 2017: Application Deadline for Winter Session (September to April)
* 15 March 2017: Deadline to submit required admission application documents
About University of British Columbia
The University of British Columbia (commonly referred to as UBC) is a Canadian public research university with campuses and facilities in British Columbia, Canada. It is the oldest institution of higher learning in the province of British Columbia and has the largest enrollment of over 57,000 students at its Vancouver and Okanagan campuses combined. The university was incorporated in Vancouver in 1908 as the McGill University College of British Columbia and became the independent University of British Columbia in 1915. UBC’s 4.02 km2 (993-acre) Vancouver campus is located within the University Endowment Lands, about 10 km (6.2 mi) from Downtown Vancouver. The 2.09 km2 (516-acre) Kelowna campus, acquired in 2005, is located in the Okanagan Valley.
Website : http://you.ubc.ca/
The University of British Columbia
2016 – 1874 East Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1