Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) At University of Amsterdam Scholarships Netherlands
The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is a full scholarship of €25,000 (covering tuition and living expenses) for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programmes).
Last Date : 1st February 2017
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering; for more information please refer to www.DUO.nl). The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possibleStudiefinanciering support throughout the academic year.
- Be (provisionally) admitted to a Master’s Programme of the Faculty of Science. The application procedure will start as soon as you submit the online application formhttp://datanose.nl/#enrolmaster
- On the basis of a completed questionnaire, the Coordinator will evaluate the candidate’s academic background. If the background is relevant, the Programme Coordinator will forward your application to the Exam Committee which makes the final decision. Read the full application procedure at the website of the Master’s programme of your choice.
In addition to the admission requirements of the Master’s programme eligible candidates are selected on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
- The candidate’s academic records. Students belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply;
- The academic quality of the educational institute where the undergraduate (or graduate) programme has been obtained;
- At least two letters of reference from academic staff members
- The quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme (broader context, relevance for future career);
- A description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
- Proof of English proficiency (IELS/TOEFL) :TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components);
- The quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online.
The last date for application is 1st February 2017
P.O. Box 19268
1000 GG Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 525 9111
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
About University of Amsterdam
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Established in 1632 by municipal authorities and later renamed for the city of Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam
=> Add Featured Image
=> Categories: select the country
=> Tags: PG Scholarships