The Tata Education and Development Trust, run by Ratan Tata of Tata Sons Ltd. is a philanthropic institution that has given a $25 million endowment to Cornell University to offer financial aid to underprivileged but meritorious Indian students who wish to study abroad. Twenty scholars from India will make their way to Cornell University, located in the United States, regardless of their financial state, with the help of the Tata scholarships.
Students fulfilling the following may be entitled to the Tata scholarship program:
- Be a student and citizen of India
- Secondary level examinations in India cleared
- Seeking an undergraduate program at Cornell University
- Fit in the specified income range for financial aid
Special preference will be given to art, architecture, engineering, applied economics and management majors, agriculture, life science, biological science, physical science, social science and other science students.
How to Apply
Students will be considered for the scholarship if they have completed the admission application and then applied for the financial aid. There is no financial aid offered to those seeking admission for the spring program. The financial aid application form for international students has been supplied online and students must complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile. They may be asked to submit additional information such as:
- Parents and student’s income
- Noncustodial parent asset and income
- Citizenship documents
- Photocopy of passport
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
- 203 Day Hall, Cornell University
- Telephone: 607-255-5145, Fax: 607-255-6329
- Mailing ID: email@example.com