The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), which is a statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India recently launched the Overseas Doctoral Fellowship Programme. This programme provides scholarships to Indian students who have graduated from Indian universities/colleges and are willing to pursue PhD in either Science, Technology, Engineering or Medicine from international universities of good repute.
- The candidate should be an Indian.
- An eligible degree from India, either undergraduate/postgraduate, in Science, Technology, Engineering or Medicine.
- The degree should be awarded not before the preceding 2 years.
- Candidate should have received admission into a doctoral research programme in either of the **areas mentioned below in top ranked universities.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from Ph.D. students in two modes-
- Indian Ph.D. supervisors who had made research collaboration with foreign counterparts in their individual capacity .
- Indian/Overseas Institutions who had signed an Agreement / MoU with SERB for student mobility.
Applications will be sought twice a year. The selection would be made among students who obtained an offer letter from overseas institution to carry out research in chosen areas of interest to India. The applicants belonging to mode (i) above should apply directly to SERB through www.serbonline.in . In case of mode (ii) the application / recommendation should reach SERB through the Institute / University concerned. Students intend to undertake research visit to the following Universities to whom SERB had signed MoU should apply directly to the University:
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
Science and Engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor,
Vasant Square Mall,
Sector-B, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 011-26590324