Applications have been invited by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and the French Embassy in India, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of France, and Indo-French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research for the Raman-Charpak Fellowship. Ph.D. students from India and France in certain areas of study are eligible for the Raman-Charpak Fellowship , created in honour of the Nobel laureates Sir C.V. Raman and Prof. Georges Charpak.
- If you are an applicant of India, you must be a citizen. You must be registered for a Ph.D. degree in a research institute or recognised university in India.
- If you are an applicant from France, you must be residing in France and must be registered for a Ph.D. program in a recognised university or research institute in France.
- Have a master’s degree in science, technology or medicine from a recognised university with top grades.
- Not be over 30 years
- If you have already availed the program you cannot be considered once again.
How to Apply
Applications have to be filled in and submitted online. Postal applications are not acknowledged. Only completed applications with the following documents will be considered:
- Research work proposed in not more than five pages
- Proof of experience in work in research
- Curriculum vitae
- Acceptance letter from the Indian/French host scientist, mentioning his or her availability during the student’s visit
- Reference letters from scientists and supervisors
- Certificates pertaining to master’s degree and bachelor’s degree
- Age proof
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
The Director, Indo-French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research,
5B ground Floor, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi 110 003
Phone number: +91 11 2468 2251