Raman Charpak Fellowship 2021 for PhD Students
Raman Charpak Fellowship 2021 – The Raman–Charpak Fellowship Program is in honour of two Nobel Laureates in Physics, Prof C.V. Raman, Indian Nobel Laureate and Prof Georges Charpak, French Nobel Laureate.
This Program implemented by the Indo French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR/ CEFIPRA) aims at improving the doctoral skills of Indian and French students.
This programme implemented by the Indo French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR/ CEFIPRA) aims at improving the doctoral skills of Indian and French students by providing them an opportunity to carry out part of their research work in a University / Research & Development Institute based in France or India respectively. This programme is now also open to French Master Students, who wish to spend some time in India in accordance to their curriculum. It aims at improving the Masters skills of French students by providing them an opportunity to carry out internship work in a University / Research Institute based in India.
Indian & French PhD research scholars and Maters Students [only from France (included from year 2016)]
2 to 6 months
Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Sciences and Environmental Sciences, Materials Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Biological Sciences, Life and Medical Sciences, Mathematical and Computational Sciences.
- Applicants from India must be Indian citizens residing in India and have registered for a PhD in a recognized university or research institution in India
- Applicants from France must be residing in France and have registered for a PhD/ Master’s degree in a recognized university or research institution in France
- Maximum age 30 years as of 1st April of the call year
- Students once supported by CEFIPRA and students who have a permanent position in institutions/universities are not eligible
- Pre-authorization or prior consent from his/her institute / University to apply for a foreign fellowship program
- For Indian Fellow: Fellowship Support of 1500 Euros per month for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges plus Social Security charges
- For French Fellow: Fellowship support Rs. 40,000 per month for daily expenses, local travel etc. plus accommodation charges not exceeding Rs. 45,000 per month
- One return airfare ticket in economy class
- Insurance coverage (travel & health) wherever is required & Carte de Sejour (if any)
- Support for attending conference/seminar /workshop during stay (please see guidelines for details)
How to Apply
- Only online submission will be considered, candidates have to register and apply at www.cefipra.org
- A detailed description of the research plan/proposal (maximum up to 5 pages) in the prescribed format (see link below), which notably asks for: the title and the research work plan, an explanation of the expected benefit from his/her stay in the proposed Research Institute / University in France / India etc.
- A CV (maximum up to 2 pages) in the prescribed format (see link below) with a recent photograph including a summary of achievements and research interests, a list of relevant publications (maximum 5 most important ones), etc.
- No Objection Certificate from the Head of the Institution. (Only for Indian Applicants)
- A scanned copy of passport (both front and back)
Indian & French PhD Students
|French Masters’ Students|
|End of Deadline||June/July||October|
|Declaration of Result||End- September (Tentative)||Mid-December (Tentative)|
|Starting date of fellowship||Mid-October onwards||Mid-January (following year) onwards|
Director, Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (Centre Franco-Indien pour la Promotion de la Recherche Avancée-CEFIPRA)
Core 5B, Ground Floor,
India Habitat Centre Lodhi Road,
New Delhi-110003 (India),