The University of Lausanne, Switzerland, invites applications for PhD studentship programme in the field of Quantitative Biology.
Up to 15
– The PhD program in Quantitative Biology provides opportunities for professional training and acquisition of highly transferable skills. This is complemented by a wide range of activities (retreats, symposia, student life).
– The position is fully funded. Salary and benefits are internationally highly competitive. Additional funding for consumables, computing, and to attend international conferences is available.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
– Applicants must have a master’s degree in a relevant area. There are three types of PhD students can apply for this grant:
– Students with a life science degree, interested in working in an experimental lab, but with a high degree of motivation to learn the fundamentals of computational biology, and to develop quantitative skills to analyze data more effectively
– Students with a life science degree interested in working in a dry computational lab, keen to deepen their quantitative skills and broaden their horizon in terms of experimental and computational techniques
– Students with a non-biological background (e.g. computer science, Maths, physics), who are highly motivated to transition to Life Sciences
– The university covers full tuition fee plus a monthly stipend to high achieving participants.
– A high level of written and spoken English proficiency is required since most scientific activities are conducted in English.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online mode only.
The last date for application is October, 2020.
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link https://unil.ch/quantitative-biology/home/menuinst/join-the-qb-program/joint-phd-call-late-2019.html