The Scottish Graduate School of Arts and Humanities (SGSAH, University of Edinburgh Business School and Creative Scotland are jointly invites applications for PhD Studentship programme.
28 February 2019
- Entry to the Business School’s PhD programme is competitive, and usually requires that applicants have the following minimum qualifications:
- Normally a postgraduate master’s degree from an accredited institution in the UK or overseas (we accept applications from those still currently studying for a master’s, but any offer will be conditional on successful completion at the required standard).
- Evidence of above-average academic achievement (more than 65% overall) and normally a postgraduate master’s dissertation with distinction (UK equivalent).
- MBA or master’s students without a dissertation are welcome to apply and should normally provide evidence of distinction level work (UK equivalent).
- Your official transcript and grading scheme must be provided when you submit your application.
- To be eligible to apply for the studentship you must meet the residency criteria set out by UKRI, including the stipulation that applicants must have been normally residing in the UK or EU for 3 years prior to the start of the studentship. For further details please see the UKRI Training Grant Guide document, p17.
- The AHRC also expects that applicants to PhD programmes will normally hold, or be studying towards, a Masters qualification in a relevant discipline. If you are not in this position you may be able to use relevant professional experience to provide evidence of your ability to undertake independent research. If this is the case, please ensure you provide details of your professional experience in your covering letter.
- Prior experience of empirical research and some experience of music-making in education or community settings, will be of benefit to the project, but are not required.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online mode only
The last date for application is 28 February 2019
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
University of Edinburgh Business School
29 Buccleuch Place
+44 (0)131 650 8074