Mid-career urban scholars are invited to apply for the International Fellowships, Urban-Studies Foundation, UK ontheme pertinent to a better understanding of urban realities in the Global South. The fellowship covers the costs of a sabbatical period at a university of the candidate’s choice in the Global North or South. Preference may be given to candidates from least or low-income countries but middle income developing countries are not excluded. The purpose of the fellowship is to expand theoretical and empirical understanding of the major social, economic, political and other problems associated with the rapid processes of urban growth in the Global South. The fellowship is tenable for a period ranging between 3-9 months.
- Have obtained a PhD in a relevant subject awarded within the last 10 years. Relevant disciplines include geography, political science, economics, sociology, demography, planning (this list is not exhaustive)
- Have originality and the quality in the proposed sabbatical research
- Have a reasonable proposed budget
- Qualify the previous academic achievements
- Provide evidence of their achievements to date, e.g. publishing papers, giving papers at international conferences, etc.
- Be the resident or national of a country in the Global South and have an affiliation with a university or other higher education institution there, e.g. as a lecturer
How to Apply
Step 1: Visit the web page here and download the form.
Step 2: Provide information related to personal details, mentor details, etc.
Step 3: Provide information related to the proposed research, etc. and upload required documents.
Step 4: Send the completed application to the designated person below via email at email@example.com.
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
Joe Shaw, Director of Operation
Urban Studies Foundation (USF)
Room 611 (Level 6)
Adam Smith Building, 40 Bute Gardens
Glasgow G12 8RT UK