International Climate Protection Fellowships Germany is inviting applications from students and researchers working in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation. The global challenge posed by climate change can only be met by cross-border international collaborations. By enabling future decision-makers and multipliers to share knowledge, methods, and techniques with specialist colleagues in Germany, the programme promotes this objective, particularly by taking account of issues relating to practical applicability in the fellows’ own countries.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (completed up to 12 years prior)
- Have leadership skills demonstrated by initial experience in leadership positions and/or appropriate references
- Have extensive work experience (at least 48 months at the time of application) or a successfully completed doctorate in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation
- Have a very good knowledge of English and/or German
- Be citizenship of a non-European transition or developing country which is also the applicant’s habitual residence and place of work
How to Apply
Step 1: Visit the website and create a new user account.
Step 2: The candidate needs to log in with the username and password to start a new application.
Step 3: First, fill the personal details (name, address etc) and provide information about host institute and academic/professional record.
Step 4: Provide other relevant details along with a motivation letter describing the candidate’s qualifications as a prospective leader and personal, professional goals.
Step 5: Provide the letters of recommendation.
Step 6: Submit the application.
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
53173 Bonn, Germany