Harbin Engineering University (HEU), formerly named Harbin Military Engineering Institute, was founded in 1953. HEU is located in the city of Harbin, nicknamed “ice city” near the beautiful Songhua River. The University is among the first array of the key universities in the national “211 Project”. It has a prestigious Graduate school and a National University Science Park.
1. Students who are applying for Harbin Engineering University must be Non-Chinese citizen or from Hong Kong, Taiwan or Macao with good health;
2. Friendly to China and respect Chinese social morality and customs;
3. Obeyed the law of People’s Republic of China and the rules & regulations of HEU with good characteristics;
4. Students who are diligent and studious with excellent academic results.
How to Apply
a. The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn （choose Type B）
- HEU Online Application website: http://issp.hrbeu.edu.cn, all the applicants are required to take online application, otherwise, the application will be incomplete.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they should provide pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate.
- Transcripts (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese). Applicants for Doctoral degree program are required to submit both transcripts of Bachelor and Master Programs.
- A study or research plan (no less than 800 words) . (Study Plan Attachment 2). (Acceptance letter is not necessary, applicant may write down supervisor options on the study plan)
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors (written in English or Chinese with signature).
- Passport copy.（necessary item）
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination result is generally valid for 6 months.
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
Post Address: International Office, Harbin Engineering University
No.145 Nantong Street, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China 150001
Tel: +86-451-82568266, +86-451-82568218