The Global Investigative Journalism Network invites applications from journalists from developing countries who are interested in attending the Global Investigative Journalism Conference (GIJC19) which happens once in every 2 years. It is one of the prime international gatherings of investigative and data journalists. This year is the 11th year of the conference and is being held in Hamburg, Germany. The selected journalists will receive fellowships covering airfare, accommodation, transport, food and other benefits.
- Deadline: 5th May 2019
- Selection notification: By 30th June 2019
- Conference dates: 26th-29th September 2019
- Full-time print, online, television, video, radio, documentary and multimedia journalists in developing or transitioning countries
- Having experience in investigative or data journalism (preferred but not compulsory)
- Journalists from indigenous communities, citizen investigators, and journalists exiled from their homelands (under special categories)
- Note: Western journalists based overseas are not eligible.
How to Apply
Step 1: Access the application form on the GIJN page here.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with relevant details.
Step 3: Answer the questions asked in the application form and attach the necessary documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
The last date for application is 5th May 2019
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.