his fellowship is designed for Indians residing in India who want to pursue a Master’s degree programme in the following areas:
- Arts and Cultural Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies
- Environmental Science/Studies
- Higher Education Administration
- Public Health
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Women’s Studies/Gender Studies
- You should have completed the Indian equivalent of a four-year US Bachelor’s degree with at least 55% as the overall grade, from a recognized Indian university. If the course completed is less than four years, a Master’s degree is compulsory.
- You should have at least three years of full-time professional experience, working in the field of the discipline you propose to study further in.
- Leadership quality is a must, and you must have demonstrated this, along with participation in community service.
- You should not already possess a degree from any US university or be enrolled in a degree program from the US.
- If you are employed, the employer must validate that leave will be granted for the period of the fellowship, and this must be shown. Obtain the Fulbright-Nehru Employer’s Endorsement Form and read through carefully.
How to Apply
All applications must be done only online. Unless specified otherwise, the application form must be completed and sent as an e-mail attachment. You should also keep a printed copy of the application and sign it. If you are not employed, forward the signed copy to the USIEF office closest to you. If you are employed, you should forward the signed copy, (including enclosures) through the appropriate administrative authority In case you are employed by the central or state government, the application must be forwarded through the cadre controlling authority.
- All applications must reach USIEF by the application deadline, and any incomplete or late application, or any application which has not been forwarded through the proper channel will not be considered.
- Three referees are to be chosen to send in their recommendations.
- All entries in the application form must be computer-generated, and not hand-written.
- The word limit must be adhered to, and attaching additional sheets will not be entertained.
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification usiUnited States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF),
12, Hailey Road, New Delhi – 110001
Telephone: (011) 42090909ng the following link.