The Fulbright Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships 2020-21 aims to provide Indian faculty, researchers and professionals the opportunity to teach, conduct research or carry out a combination of teaching and research at a U.S. institution. The selected fellow has the opportunity to win multiple awards through the fellowship.
- Application due date for 2020-2021 awards- July 15, 2019
- Field-specific experts review applications to short-list candidates- September 2019
- National interviews of short-listed candidates in Delhi- November 2019
- USIEF notifies the principal and alternate nominees that they are recommended- End November 2019
- USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement- December 2019
- USIEF notifies finalists- March-April 2020
- Pre-Departure Orientation- May/June 2020
- The program begins- August-September 2020
- Must be an Indian citizen and a resident of the country
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the English language through an English Proficiency Test (TOEFL)
- Must give the undertaking to return to India after the commencement of the programme
- Faculty or researchers having a PhD degree or equivalent having at least five years of teaching or research experience
- Master’s degree or published work with recognized professional standing and at least five years of relevant experience
- The applicant has to upload a recent published paper or article
- If the applicant is employed at the time of submitting the application, he/she must carefully read the employer’s endorsement before applying. Make sure that the applicant will get leave for the fellowship period.
- Must have a high level of academic or professional achievement
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://iie.embark.com/apply/visitingscholars
- Please carefully review the FNAPE Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNAPE Applicant Checklist before submitting the application.
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online applicaiton:
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
United States-India Educational Foundation
12 Hailey Road
New Delhi 110 001