the Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships have been enabling Indian students that have been performing brilliantly in academics to go abroad and study in St. John’s College, University of Cambridge, UK for doctoral degrees in subjects like Science & Technology (applications in Aerospace Engineering and Energy Studies are specially welcome), Economics and Social Sciences.
- be an Indian national based out of India currently
- have a valid Indian passport
- be below 35 years of age .not have had significant exposure to UK education or received UK government funding
- receive a postgraduate degree from a recognised Indian institution with a first class award (undergraduate and postgraduate) in the relevant field. possess leadership qualities (this will be assessed from personal statements, e.g. extracurricular activities and/or evidence of having made a difference to the country/society/participation in symposia in the relevant subject, or peer reviewed publication in the area)
- have selected a full-time doctoral research degree from the University of Cambridge
- well-versed in both spoken and written English
- fulfill any other admission criteria mentioned by Cambridge University
How to Apply
- select a suitable doctoral programme and supervisor at the University of Cambridge.
- Visit www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk and make formally apply to the University and simultaneously to the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships.
- Select St. John’s College as your first choice College on their BoGs application form.
- Indicate on your BoGs form that your are applying for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships and also complete the section applying for funding from the University.
- Only those applicants who get an offer of admission at St John’s College will be eligible for the award of the Scholarship.
Candidates should NOT approach St John’s College directly at this stage.
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
For further information and clarification please visit:
St John’s College
Cambridge CB2 1TP
Within the UK: 01223 338600
International: +44 1223 338600
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org