The Chinese Government Scholarships are part of the India-China Cultural Exchange Program and are being offered to Indian students who want to pursue higher studies/ research or specialized training in 279 designated Chinese universities in the following subjects:
(a) Language & Literature
(i)Chinese Language and Literature
(b) Science (pure and applied):
(iii) Computer Science
(iv) Civil Engineering/Architecture
(vi) Communication Engineering
(c) Humanities and Social Sciences
(i) Environmental Studies
(iii) Political Science with International relations
(v) Painting and Sculpture
i) Undergraduate programs: Applicant must be a high school graduate under the age of 25
ii) Master’s programs: Applicant must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35
iii) Doctoral programs: Applicant must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40
iv) General Scholar program: Applicant must be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs
v) Senior Scholar programs: Applicant must be master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
(b) Required percentage: Candidate must be having 60 percent mark in the required qualification.
How to Apply
- First Identify the University you want to study in and see if you match the criteria. You can choose the University from the list available on this link http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/universityen.aspx
- Then you will need to apply through the Indian portalwww.sakshat.ac.inan initiative of the HRD Ministry with the following documents
- Self attested scanned copy_of the mark-sheet, certificate, degrees, diploma, qualifying examination,
- Where grades are mentioned, the candidate must upload the official explanation adopted by the University/Institution.
- Self attested copy of date of birth certificate or 10th Standard certificate which carries proof of age or other equivalent documents.
- Apply to your selected University in China for the pre-admission letter.
- You will also have to simultaneously submit your request online for the scholarship by clicking on this sitehttp://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.organd click “Application Online” to log in)
- Make sure all your application documents are submitted to the MHRD
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
27 Shanda Nanlu, Jinan, P.R.