The Canon Foundation in Europe offers Research Fellowships for individuals to carry out research in Europe and Japan. This fellowship is available for European and Japanese nationals.
- All Europeans are eligible to apply (including Israel, Turkey, Balkan and Baltic countries).
- Europeans should have permanent citizenship in the country.
- Applicants should have obtained at least a Master’s degree within the last ten years of applying to the Canon Foundation. We will also consider candidates who obtained their qualification more than ten years ago as long as they provide further supporting information in their application.
- Please note that priority is given to applicants going to Europe and Japan for the first time
How to Apply
- Consideration of the applications takes several months. The Selection Committee’s final decisions will be emailed to applicants before the end of December of that year.
- It is important to note that no correspondence is entered into by the Foundation in regard to decisions taken on any individual application and in view of the large number of applicants, no negative inference should be drawn from the failure of a candidate to secure a Fellowship.
- Applications should be made through our online application form. After registering, you will be directed to the application form
- Please check here for the list of documents which need to be uploaded before your application can be submitted https://www.canonfoundation.org
The last date for application is
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link.
Canon Foundation in Europe
P. O. Box 2262
1180 EG Amstelveen