UGC PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2019
UGC PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2019 – University Grants Commission (UGC) invites applications from SC/ST students who are pursuing professional courses at the postgraduate level for Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2019-20.
The scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to the deprived students to pursue postgraduate level studies in professional subjects.
- The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society and to provide them opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
- Scholarship closing date: 31st October 2019
- Last date for defect verification: 15th November 2019
- Last date for Institute verification: 15th November 2019
- For the purpose of award of the scholarship students who are pursuing professional courses in the following Institutions/ Colleges/Universities:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of the UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC, Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Courses which require approval from Regulatory Council i.e. Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), NCTIS, NCTE Bar council of India (BCI), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), INC, Forensic Regulatory & Development Authority of India are considered professional courses.
- Note: M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., MSW and Mass Communication and Journalism degree are accepted as “Non-professional courses”:
- Candidates pursuing post graduate course in professional subjects through correspondence or in Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme.
Amount of Scholarship
- The tenure of the award is for two/three years depending upon the tenure of the postgraduate course and not for an extended period of study, if any.
- Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships (under ME/MTech.) shall be provided Scholarship @ Rs.7800/-per month for the duration of the PG Scholarship. For other courses, the amount of the scholarship will be paid @Rs.4500/- per month.
- The scholarship shall be payable to the awardee from the date of joining the Post Graduate I year course during the selection year.
- The University/ Institute/ College should verify the application of the candidates with regard to the professional courses as provided in the guidelines.
How to Apply
- Applications will be invited once a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India, visit the homepage of the NSP website www.scholarships.gov.in
- The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal after issue of advertisement to be published by the UGC once in a year through leading newspapers and Employment News and also on UGC website.
- The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application.
The last date for application is 15th November 2019.
For more information, please visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) www.scholarships.gov.in