Top Class Education Scholarship Scheme for Students with Disabilities 2019 for Graduate, Postgraduate and Diploma Level
Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities 2019 – The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India is offering Scholarships ‘Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities 2019-20’ to promote quality education among students who are pursuing studies at graduate/postgraduate/diploma level.
The key objective of the scholarship is to recognise and promote quality education amongst students with disabilities by providing them with full financial support.
- Aims at recognizing and promoting quality education amongst Students with Disabilities by providing full financial support.
- It is covers Students with Disabilities (SwDs) for pursuing studies at the level of Graduate and Postgraduate Degree or Diploma in notified institutions of excellence in education identified by DEPwD.
- Scholarship closing date: 15 October 2019
- Last date for defect verification: 31 October 2019
- Last date for Institute verification: 31 October 2019
- To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be pursuing studies at graduate/postgraduate degree/diploma level in notified institutions of excellence in education.
- Have more than 40% disability and a valid certificate for the same.
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 6,00,000
No. of Slots
- 50% of the total scholarships available each year top class education shall be reserved for girl candidates. However, in case adequate number of girl candidates are not available or not found eligible as per the terms.
- A total of 300 scholarships are given under this scheme.
- The selected candidates receive the following benefits.
- Reimbursement of tuition fees and non-refundable charges paid/payable to the institute: Up to INR 2 Lakhs per annum (subject to actual amount)
- Reimbursement of expenses for the purchase of a computer with accessories: INR 30,000 (one-time grant) for the entire course.
- Reimbursement of expenses for the purchase of Aids and Assistive Devices: INR 30,000 (one-time grant) for entire course.
- Maintenance allowance for hostellers: INR 3,000 per month.
- Maintenance allowance for day scholars: INR 1,500 per month.
- Book grant (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 5,000 per annum
- Special allowances: INR 2,000 per month
How to Apply
- Applications will be called for through National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.gov.in
- The applicants should submit their application through the online system within the last date prescribed for receipt of application.
All Requisite Documents:
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability certificate
- All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
The last date for application is 31 October 2019.
For more details, please visit NSP website https://scholarships.gov.in/