Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme 2019
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2019 – Applications are invited from Minority students for scholarship for the year 2019 under “Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme for Minorities” for providing financial assistance.
About the SVMCM
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship was started by the Govt. of West Bengal for assisting the meritorious students belonging to economically backward families in the State of West Bengal to pursue higher studies
- Through the Vivekananda Means and Merit Scholarship, the Government is giving scholarships at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal
- In 2017, The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme was revamped to cover more number of students as well as to enhance the scholarship amounts significantly.
- West Bengal State Scholarships for Minority Students in West Bengal to be fully funded from the State budget from the financial year 2019-20 onwards.
- Last Date of receiving online Application: 15th September 2019
- The scheme benefits students of Class – XI and XII, and at the undergraduate level in Engineering, Medical and Technical / Professional courses besides Under Graduate, Post Graduate level students pursuing General Degree courses.
- These scholarships will be sanctioned to deserving students on merit-cum-means criteria.
- Students pursuing M.Phil courses and Doctoral courses (NON-NET JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW and NET-LECTURESHIP) from State-aided Institutions will come under the purview of this Scholarship Scheme.
- The upper ceiling for family income has been fixed at Rs.2,50,000/- per annum
- However, one time grants or assistance received from any source, or free or partly-free studentship allowed by the host institution will not debar the students from availing of the benefits of this scheme.
- Scholarships will be provided to eligible students in order of merit and subject to the budgetary allocation provided by the State Govt.
- For renewal, the applicant will be eligible for the scholarship if he/she has obtained 50% marks in his/her previous examination.
How to Apply
- Different categories of applicants shall have to submit their applications to the respective hyperlink in the home page of http://wbmdfcscholarship.gov.in/main/guidelines as mentioned hereunder, in online mode https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/
- Steps to be followed to apply online
- Online Registration: At first applicants need to fill up and submit the online registration form. On successful submission of the Registration Form, an Applicant ID of 15 characters will be generated and it will be used to login and complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form. The Applicant Id also required for all future correspondence. Please maintain the Password Policy, for choosing the Password in the Registration Form, as instructed. Please download the Registration Slip or note down the system generated Applicant ID for future use. The Applicant ID will also be sent to the mail id, entered at the time of registration.
- Applicants, willing to apply for K3 are required to fill up the authentication form to verify their existence in Kanyashree (K2) with the input fields Kanyashee (K2) Year of Application, Kanyashree ID, Applicant’s Name, Applicant’s Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name. On successful completion of K2 authentication applicants will be forwarded to registration form. The rest of the process is same as fresh application procedure.
- For Renewal of existing beneficiaries, Online registration is not needed, rather they can login with their previous Applicant ID and Password to apply for renewal.
- Note: Eligibility criteria for application in Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship 2019 are mentioned in detail advertisement, available under Downloads menu.
- If Applicants forget their Applicant ID or Password, they can retrieve the same using Forgot Applicant ID/Password option from Applicant Login option.
The last date for application is 15th September 2019.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship / Swami Vivekananda Scholarship,
Bikash Bhavan, Kolkata,
West Bengal, India.