SHDF Scholarships 2019 for Professional Degree/Diploma Courses
Sikh Human Development Foundation Scholarships 2019 – Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), New Delhi in association with Sikh Human Development Foundation, U.S.A. (SHDF) invites Applications for SHDF Scholarships for 2019-20
Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), New Delhi in association with Sikh Human Development Foundation, U.S.A (SHDF) invite Applications for SHDF Scholarships 2019 from regular students studying in recognized Colleges and Universities
About SHDF Scholarship
- Sikh Human Development Foundation (SHDF) is an organization run by NRIs based in Washington- USA and they offer scholarships every year to marginalized but brilliant students.
- Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), New Delhi (Nishkam), the associate partner of SHDF has been imparting, organizing and promoting the scholarships & workshops since 2000 in India.
- We have been following the tradition of “Sarbat da Bhala” (welfare of all) which is one of the core values of Sikhism, whilst serving the suffering humanity irrespective of Caste, Creed and Religion. We are nurturing the youth of such marginalized families to let them stand to get decent jobs or be gainfully self-employed for betterment.
- The main objective of this scholarship is to support meritorious undergraduates who aspire to achieve excellence in their studies
SHDF Scholarship Details
- Under this scholarship scheme, selected students will get up to INR 30,000 per annum along with other incentives depending upon the needs, aspirations and courses to be pursued by them
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 27th July 2019
- Candidates should have Minimum 60% marks in previous two examinations and (ii) Total family income from all sources not exceeding Rs.1,80,000 per year
- We only consider “Regular” students. Sorry for Correspondence/Distance learning students.
For Class X and XII (10 and 10+2)
- Students who have appeared in Class X and Class XII Examination in March 2019 can also apply and take the Written Test and Interview
- Scholarship for such students will be considered only on receipt of proof of admission to a professional course in recognized Institute/College and if found eligible otherwise
- Applicant will have to appear for a written test which will consist of two papers in Panjabi language and general knowledge
- Paper I: There will be an elementary test of the subject General Grammar
- Paper II: This paper will contain questions from religious and moral studies of a book named ‘Naitik Sikhiya’ which is published by Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle, Ludhiana. After qualifying in the written test, the selected students will have to appear for interview, whose date, time and venue will be notified to students later on
- Students will have to score a minimum 50% marks in written test to qualify for interview round
How to Apply
- Application Form and other necessary instructions are available on the website www.nishkam.in
- Duly filled‐in Application Form, together with documentary evidence of past academic performance, family income, all receipts for paid tuition fee and other refundable and non‐refundable charges must reach at Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), SHDF Division, Nishkam Bhawan, B‐Block, Tilak Vihar, New Delhi-110018 latest by 27th July 2019
The last date for application is 27th July 2019.
Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), SHDF Division, Nishkam Bhawan, B‐Block, Tilak Vihar, New Delhi-110018 latest by 27th July 2019