Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC)
Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India invites applications for Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) 2019-20 from children of Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to assist them to pursue undergraduate courses in Indian Universities and Institutions. The selected students will be awarded 75% of the Institutional Economic Cost (IEC) subject to a maximum of USD 4,000 per annum.
Application deadline: 30 November 2019
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Must be a ward of Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/OCI, Or
- Must be a ward of Non-resident Indian (NRI), Or
- Must be a ward of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying outside India (ECR based outside India), Or
- Must be a ward of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying in India (ECR based in India)
- Must have completed class 11 and 12 from abroad
- Must have passed class 12 board examination with a minimum aggregate score of 60% marks or equivalent
- Must be between the age group of 17 and 21 years as on 31st October 2019.
- Must belong to a family where monthly income is not more than USD 4000.
- Must not receive any scholarship sponsored or funded by the State Government or Central Government.
How to Apply
Follow the steps to apply
Step 1: Click here to apply.
Step 2: Click on the “Register” tab for new registration.
Step 3: Fill the details.
Step 4: Tick to agree with the “Terms and conditions” and click on the “Register” button.
Step 5: An email having login credentials will be sent to the registered email id.
Step 6: Login to fill the form.
The last date for application is 30 November 2019.
Section Officer (OIA-II),
Ministry of External Affairs,
Room no. 1025,
Email: email@example.com https://spdcindia.gov.in/login/index.php