The Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat (KSBS) is inviting applications from eligible wards/widows of Ex-Servicemen and Ex-Indian Coast Guard Personnel who are pursuing Professional Degree Courses that is recognized by the respective government regulatory bodies such as MCI, AICTE, and UGC, etc for the Prime Ministers Scholarship Scheme (PMSS)
The PMSS was introduced to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards and widows of Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard personnel (below officer rank only).
The Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat (KSBS) is part of Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare – Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India.
A total number of 5500 scholarships are allotted in each academic year.
Last date –
Amount of Scholarships
|For boys||Rs. 2000/- per month|
|For Girls||Rs.2250 per month|
* Scholarship amount is paid to the selected students annually.
The Scheme will be applicable only to those candidates who have joined the professional Courses in the Academic Year . Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA. No other PG courses are allowed for PMSS. In the case of integrated ME / M Tech / M Pharma, initial three / four years degree will be considered for the scholarship.
– PMSS can be availed for one course only.
– Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme.
– The Wards of Civilians including Para Military Personnel are NOT ELIGIBLE.
How to apply
The eligible candidates should apply online for PMSS at http://www.ksb.gov.in/registration.htm
THE PMSS DOES NOT accepts hard copy / paper application. One candidate can apply for one course only.
List of documents to be uploaded for PMSS.
- Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard Certificate
- Aadhaar Card of Student
- Matriculation Certificate duly self attested for verifying the Date of Birth
- Certificate from his/her bank stating that Aadhaar Card of student linked with his / her bank account number
- Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) certificate as applicable. (10+2 Mark sheet / Graduation (mark sheets of 3 years) / Diploma (mark sheets of all semesters).
- Bonafide Certificate duly filled up correctly and signed by Principal/Dean/Registrar of the Institute / College
- 1st page of Bank Pass Book (PNB/SBI only) clearly showing name and A/c Number of Student
- Copy ofPPO and the supporting documents
For further details, the candidates should refer the official website http://www.ksb.gov.in/