Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Class 9 & 10) , Delhi
This program is a pre-matric scholarship scheme that meritorious students from backwards castes that do not have enough financial ability to continue studies. For SC students of class IX the scholarship amount is Rs. 150 per month for tuition fees and for books and ad hoc Rs. 750 per annum. Similarly for Class X students the amount of scholarship for tuition fees is Rs. 350 per month and for books and ad hoc grant Rs. 1,000 per annum.
- The scholarship program is available only for students of Scheduled Caste belonging to Delhi
- The total income of the parents of the students should not exceed Rs. 2 lakh per annum
- The candidate must not be the recipient of any other centrally funded pre-matric scholarship program
- However, if students are recipients of Pre-matric Scholarships from the Government of Delhi, they can avail the scholarship program
- The scholarship is only open to students who study in central schools, state boards and government schools
- Students who have failed in Class IX or X cannot apply
- Self-declaration of the family income in the prescribed format is essential
- Attested copy of caste certificate issued by a competent authority of government is essential
- Domicile certificate of Delhi is essential if the caste certificate has not been issued by the government of NCT
- Bank account details linked with Aadhar should be submitted
How to Apply
- Application forms can be found online and are to be filled and submitted before the due date. Click here to find the application form.
- The head of the institutions will have to collect the application forms from the eligible students and submit the consolidated proposal in a prescribed proforma in hard as well as soft copy to the Departmental Nodal Officer. Individual applications will not be accepted.
- Eligible students in recognised public schools National Open Schools and other schools approved by the government that are not under the specified category of schools may also submit to the head of the schools or principal their application, which will then be submitted in consolidated pattern to the Dy. Director Scholarship, Department of for the welfare of SC/ST/OBC/minority.
- The head of the institutions must collect the caste certificates, previous mark sheets, affidavit and so on and keep it for future reference.
The last date for application is
- Address: Department for the welfare of SC/ST/OBC/Minority, B-Block, 2nd Floor, Vikas Bhawan, New Delhi- 110002
- Phone: 23379511-12
- Fax: 23379513
- Official website: www.scstwelfare.delhigiovt.nic.in
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org