Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
The Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA) provides an opportunity to the students belonging to six Minority communities notified by the Government of India (Jain, Buddhist, Sikh, Zoroastrian (Parsis), Muslim and Christian) for Post Matric scholarship for the year 2020-21.
The Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India invites applications for above scholarship.
The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability.
|Item||Rate of Scholarship|
|Admission and tuition fee Class XI & XII: Rs. 7,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level (Courses of one or more year of duration): Rs. 10,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level: Rs. 3,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|For Class XI & XII including Tech. & Voc. Course: Rs. 380/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 230/- per month for Day Scholar|
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students studying in Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level including Polytechnics, ITIs, and other courses.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
- An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
- A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian of the student is required.
- The continuance of award (for Renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year’s examination (provided the students pursue the same course and same Institute/School).
- Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school.
- The school/institute will certify the claim of student of being an outstation student not residing in hostel of the school/institute concerned on the basis of permanent address and parents’ address.
- Migration of students from one school/institute to another is not allowed for renewal applicants during the period of academic course.
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Govt.
- The course/tuition fees and maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s account directly under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/ minority.
The last date 31 October, 2020
How to apply
Applicants can apply online mode only.
For online application please click here: https://scholarships.gov.in/public/schemeGuidelines/MoMA_Post_Matric_2018-20.pdf
Contact : 0120 – 6619540
Email : email@example.com
Website : https://scholarships.gov.in/